Two piano rolls at the same time?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Is this possible? If so, I haven't seen how.
I'm working on a project and am trying to line up fills on the drums with arpeggiated bass changes. Trouble is I'm using the LinnDrum VST for the beat track instead of B&B editor, so I'm spending a lot of time bouncing back and forth between the two piano rolls, closing one and opening the other only to forget exactly where the beats in each are and have to do it again. It would be handy to see both at the same time so I have a reference when tweaking the drum track.
This would also be real time saver when matching up changes in other instruments as well.

Thanks.
If you had two monitors you could load a separate instance of LMMS on each. You could half way do it on a single monitor if you were only working in a single octave by halving the screen for each instance of LMMS. I don't do either of those. I usually just copy one piano roll and paste it to the top or the bottom of the second one and then I can use that as a guide and then just delete it later.
Mr_LMMS_user wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:23 am
I usually just copy one piano roll and paste it to the top or the bottom of the second one and then I can use that as a guide and then just delete it later.
Does that allow you have two open piano rolls though? The Song Editor view of them doesn't appear large enough to see the details.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:18 am
Does that allow you have two open piano rolls though?
On two different instances of LMMS -Of cause it does, but you do need aprox. >5 GB RAM.
I also advice to only do playback on one of the instances, and only use the other as a donor for cut and paste. You should be very careful if you run several instances with the same project! Make sure you understand the popups when you attempt to save!
musikbear wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:01 pm
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:18 am
Does that allow you have two open piano rolls though?
On two different instances of LMMS -Of cause it does, but you do need aprox. >5 GB RAM.
I also advice to only do playback on one of the instances, and only use the other as a donor for cut and paste. You should be very careful if you run several instances with the same project! Make sure you understand the popups when you attempt to save!
Cool, I appreciate the feedback. I was actually able to cut and paste this weekend on a bit of an older laptop this weekend while I was out of town.