Create a music track and sell it?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello!

I'm an indie game developer, and will need to create some music tracks.

Can I create music tracks with the samples included in LMMS, and then sell only the tracks(created with the samples)? I will use samples like piano01, cello01, violin_fingered01 and maybe more.

Who created the samples that are included in LMMS? Can I be sure the included samples are legal to use for commercial use(if that's allowed)?

I know the sofrware LMMS is licensed with GPL 2.0. But what about the samples?
mh76 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:31 am
Hello!
Welcome to the forum mh76 ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Can I create music tracks with the samples included in LMMS, and then sell only the tracks(created with the samples)?

Yes! Everything you MAKE with lmms is YOURS and yours ALONE!
HOWEVER!!!
It is prohibited to sell -ANYTHING- from the lmms PACKAGE as your own!!

So USAGE and selling end-products is OK!
Picking parts of the package and resell: PROHIBITED!

The leagal stuff:
The exact license the samples are offered under is GPL2. GPL2 is a source license.
You can do whatever you want with derivative works, don't relicense anything from lmms samples library as your own!
mh76 wrote:
I'm an indie game developer, and will need to create some music tracks.
Sweet! Can we see some of ur games?
Can I create music tracks with the samples included in LMMS, and then sell only the tracks(created with the samples)? I will use samples like piano01, cello01, violin_fingered01 and maybe more.
Yeah, u can! every track u create is all yours, and you can do anything with them!
musikbear wrote:
mh76 wrote:
Hello!
Welcome to the forum mh76 ! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Can I create music tracks with the samples included in LMMS, and then sell only the tracks(created with the samples)?

Yes! Everything you MAKE with lmms is YOURS and yours ALONE!
HOWEVER!!!
It is prohibited to sell -ANYTHING- from the lmms PACKAGE as your own!!

So USAGE and selling end-products is OK!
Picking parts of the package and resell: PROHIBITED!

The leagal stuff:
The exact license the samples are offered under is GPL2. GPL2 is a source license.
You can do whatever you want with derivative works, don't relicense anything from lmms samples library as your own!
Thanks :). Exactly the answer I wanted :). When something is free, I can get a little bit suspicious :).

GingkathFox wrote:Sweet! Can we see some of ur games?
I'm developing my first real game for pc. And when I'm ready to show something from the game, I can show it here :). I'm a single developer, and it takes time with everything.

But thanks for your interest :).

GingkathFox wrote: Yeah, u can! every track u create is all yours, and you can do anything with them!
Thank you again :).