LMMS and Hydrogen

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I saw lazerblade's youtube tutorial on Hydrogen, but I don't think it explained how to get the drum samples from Hydrogen into LMMS. I don't really have a need for the actual Hydrogen program, just the drum kits. How do I put them into LMMS?
cant say anything about hydrogen, but i can tell you that lmms will only support wave and ogg-forbis sound-samples. If you samples are a different format, you can not use them in lmms without a specific plugin - that is btw. true for the GUS samples that utilizes the patman plugin, just to mention one such situation.
So if the samples are specific to hydrogen, you need to run hydrogen in lmms
Wave & and ogg samples are just copied to the samples folders

more here:
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index. ... th_Samples

Br.
musikbear wrote:cant say anything about hydrogen, but i can tell you that lmms will only support wave and ogg-forbis sound-samples.
It supports flac too. Some of the default samples are flac.

I created a soft link from the lmms sounds to my hydrogen samples and it works, with the exception that the hydrogen drumkits contains a textfile that lmms can't read but will show up in your sample list. I don't remember if it created any problems clicking it or not.
Well I've never used Hydrogen before so I may give it a try, but is it really that much better than the drums in LMMS? If not I may not even bother. I'm not sure how to use jack either, it just seems too complicated to be worth it but I could be wrong. By the way, I should probably mention that I'm using Windows, it seems everyone who uses LMMS is on Linux (which makes sense since it was originally made for Linux) so it's tough to find people who know what to do.
Both the LMMS and Hydrogen sample sets have many awesome samples of good quality. It's not really about which one is technically analyzed to be "better," but it's about having a wide library of samples that you can use to create whatever sound you have in your head.
Ok a lot of you probably run Linux, but I run Windows, so here's how you get the samples on a computer with windows.

Follow this path of folders:

My Computer>Local Disk>Program Files (x86)>Hydrogen>data>drumkits

Inside the folder drumkits are the 4 folders with the .ogg Hydrogen drum samples in them. Select and copy these 4 folders and follow this next path of folders:

My Computer>Local Disk>Program Files>LMMS>data>samples

Paste the Hydrogen drums into the samples folder, and then hit the refresh button at the bottom of the samples sidebar in LMMS. After refreshing, the drum kits will appear in the samples sidebar along with all of the default samples.
djkingpin wrote:Ok a lot of you probably run Linux, but I run Windows, so here's how you get the samples on a computer with windows.

Follow this path of folders:

My Computer>Local Disk>Program Files (x86)>Hydrogen>data>drumkits

Inside the folder drumkits are the 4 folders with the .ogg Hydrogen drum samples in them. Select and copy these 4 folders and follow this next path of folders:

My Computer>Local Disk>Program Files>LMMS>data>samples

Paste the Hydrogen drums into the samples folder, and then hit the refresh button at the bottom of the samples sidebar in LMMS. After refreshing, the drum kits will appear in the samples sidebar along with all of the default samples.
Thanks alot, it worked perfectly from what I can tell. The only question I have now is are the XML documents required? For some reason they're showing up in the samples list and I tend to click them by accident and LMMS crashes. Can I delete them?
Those are for Hydrogen only and you can delete them.
owallgren wrote:Those are for Hydrogen only and you can delete them.
Ah okay I figured, they must have been the text files you mentioned. Well, I guess I refreshed your memory, they crash the program when you click them lol. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out here.
russ1981 wrote:Well, I guess I refreshed your memory, they crash the program when you click them lol.
Yup, you sure did!
I had forgotten that I had the Hydrogen files there. In my case it's a link but the .xml files are there and they knock LMMS out clean and swift... :D

If you look on the source tree there is a separate entry called hydrogen-drumkits.
http://lmms.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb-index.cgi
I wonder if this means there is already, or going to be in the future, some integration of the Hydrogen sounds?