Handle samples into LMMS

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi folks, i'm new into LMMS but yet i like it very much.
I just want to ask two things. I'm trying to learn LMMS also by watching some FL tutorials because they are available in my language, and whenever someone samples a song they directly open it in FL inside the "Edison".
I do the same by using Audacity, and when the sample is ready i use it in LMMS. But is it possible to the same directly in LMMS? It's not a problem to use the combination Audacity+LMMS but i just want to know if i'm missing something.
My second question is, whenever i put the sample (which could be also a melody of 6-7 seconds) inside the Piano-Roll, i have to modify its length manually. Is there any way to directly "use" the entire length of the sample without "drawing" it?
Thank you for your help.
1) there is no audio editing tool in lmms, except setting start and endpoints in audiofileprocessor, but no edison-like tool.

2) this i dont understand - by 'drawing' do you mean expand the 'sample-track' container by dragging it, for longer samples?? - you have to do that
If that not it - post again
Thanks for your reply.
For the second question, i insert the sample inside the song editor and then double click on one of the "grey blocks" to open the Piano-Roll. Then, inside the Piano-Roll, instead of modifying the length of the "green block" i want to use automatically the length necessary to play the entire sample.
If i got what you mean, you are saying that this is not possible.
The problem is that the sample doesn't loop correctly, there is a "gap" between one block and another. Here's an image that explains clearly what i mean: http://i47.tinypic.com/24yqtf7.jpg
I would use sample tracks rather than AFP. The reason your sample isn't looping right is that the tempo you have set in LMMS is different from the tempo the sample is recorded at. In this case you need to increase the LMMS tempo a bit until the sample takes up exactly 4 measures. This is much easier to see and do visually when using sample tracks.
lazerblade wrote:I would use sample tracks rather than AFP. The reason your sample isn't looping right is that the tempo you have set in LMMS is different from the tempo the sample is recorded at. In this case you need to increase the LMMS tempo a bit until the sample takes up exactly 4 measures. This is much easier to see and do visually when using sample tracks.
Thank you for this tip. I have test it and see it is very usefull.

thx roland4
Thank you! So i just have to use the exact amount of bpm both in the sample and in the song.
i just don't understand what do you mean with:
lazerblade wrote:I would use sample tracks rather than AFP.
Anyway, i tried what you said but i still have a little annoying gap. I changed the bpm of my sample like you said, also tried to change the amount of bpm on LMMS (even if this method doesn't give so much precision). Maybe i didn't do that perfectly, i don't know.
Edit:
I'm almost sure i didn't modify correctly the bpm of the sample inside Audacity. I have to find the perfect amount of bpm to make the sample fit in my loop.
Re-Edit:
Solved! I used to change only the bpm in audacity, now i changed also the length and it loops perfectly.
How can I change the speed (BPM) in Audacity ?

thx roland4
I don't use the english interface, anyway it should be something like "effects/change time".
You have to know the current bpm of the song/sample.
About your gap, there is a way to solve it.
Samples in LMMS have all the envelopes and LFOs of the standard 3xOsc, so if you click on the second tab you have access to the amplitude envelope of your sample.
Raising attack, putting sustain to max, and playing with the attack and with the release until you get a seamless transition.
Or you could do something similar in Audactity, with the envelope tools that are there, and make your sample seamless.
roland4 wrote:How can I change the speed (BPM) in Audacity ?

thx roland4
Effects->Change Tempo (without affecting pitch)
Audacity doesn't think in terms of BPM, it thinks in terms of seconds.

There is also a bpm detector tool in the Analysis, I think.
Audacity can not detect tempo (BPM) ?

thx roland4