VST's to beware of! For Real!

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi guy's. The Vst list I promised will be in effect soon.
But this is an "Early Bird" precaution list. I'm going to post some Vsts in advance to beware of. At least for now . Until Lmms on "Windows 7 64 Bit" and certain DSK VST's become friends. Note, if you somehow manage to use these VSt's or Vsti's without problems. Please comment on what OS you're using and what you did to solve the problem.
Hopefully Windows 7 or other Windows users will comment too.

NOTE: Some people may experience varying results.

Warning: The content here is too "scary" to read if you "LOVE Vst's a little tooooooo much!" It may result in LMMS getting a Heart attack!!

BEWARE of these VST's "for now" Windows 7 users !! SCARY! :shock:

DSK VIRTUOSO: For some reason, anytime I load this VST into LMMS it "CRASHES" instantly. "EVERYTIME!" This is no joke.
But even if it crashes, your computer is still safe.
Rating for use in LMMS: 1 out of 100. "Oh my GODS! THAT IS BAD!" :shock:

DSK Musix Box: Oh! This is so cute. This Vst is alot of fun to use. But for some strange reason, Lmms crashes after prolonged use. Or, when loading it into Lmms sometimes.
It plays nice though.
Rating for Lmms use: 60 out of 100

DSK ASIAN Dreamz: Well.......sort of! :? BEWARE of the "PICA TREMOLO" instrument.
For some odd reason. When I selected this instrument in my tests, 80% of the time LMMS crashed. Wah! :o
Try to seldom use the Pica Tremolo. Or avoid it for now. But all in all, the Pica Tremolo is a nice instrument.
If you do manage to get the Pica Tremolo working, make your melody in the piano roll "fast" and save it as a WAV or ogg.
Rating for Lmms use: 55 out of 100. (Provided that you don't use the Pica Tremolo often.)

NEW POST Below: Posted Sat 8th DEC 2012
DSK SIX SENSE: This is a very Cool Vsti thingy. It's so cool, the only problem I had was "Super high CPU usage," And Lmms went through some "fake crashes too"
and "slow downs," which made me feel very scared. But in a good way.
But as soon as there's a way to "stabley" use this in Lmms. I "Highly Recommend it to anyone making music in Lmms." Yes it's that cool! :D
Rating for Lmms use: 70 out of 100.
"BEWARE OF THE FAKE CRASHES AND HIGH CPU USAGE!" :shock:

I'll post more early bird warnings in this same post soon. So look for this first post for more info.
Hey, thanks for the info. It seems we're talking about VSTI's a lot lately, and the word "crash" almost inevitably comes up. The two main ones I use are DSK Acoustik Keyz and DSK Brass, and I have problems with that one but apparently not as bad as the ones you mentioned here. I'll be checking back on this post again. :)
New VST info has been posted, in first post above. Note, all VST's or VSTi's that Lmms is not friends with, will be posted in the "First Top Post above."
So look out for them.

Note: You can still check out Dsk's Music Box and Asian Dreams. But beware as Lmms will crash when you least expect it.
Also check the scores for extra details.
Bye. :D

PS: Thanks for checking out the post mfox32322. More coming soon.
brandystarbrite wrote:DSK Musix Box: Oh! This is so cute. This Vst is alot of fun to use. But for some strange reason, Lmms crashes after prolonged use. Or, when loading it into Lmms sometimes.
It plays nice though.
Rating for Lmms use: 60 out of 100
I have a really nice soundfont file that has that and more! A lot of times, soundfonts are WAAAAYY better than VSTs
I have a really nice soundfont file that has that and more! A lot of times, soundfonts are WAAAAYY better than VSTs
Yeah. Definitely. And Sound Fonts don't "crash or freeze" your PC too. I find the "Soundfont format" to be sort of "fascinating."
Unless it contains a "Virus!" :shock: