BOY MEETS DOOR - steph keeps me waiting

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi lovers of electronic music,

Even in the summer there are moments you become a little melancholic and do tunes which fits this mood. Here is one:

https://soundcloud.com/opalmusic/boy-me ... me-waiting

Off course made with LMMS. Happy if you leave a comment.

Love from Berlin
boymeetsdoor wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:37 pm
Hi lovers of electronic music,

Even in the summer there are moments you become a little melancholic and do tunes which fits this mood. Here is one:

https://soundcloud.com/opalmusic/boy-me ... me-waiting

Off course made with LMMS. Happy if you leave a comment.

Love from Berlin
It's a really calming tune.
It sounds like the music, that plays live in those fancy jazz and blues music bars, that older people go to at night.
Hi brandy,
glad you noticed that jazz bar feeling i wanted to achieve even if the tune doesn't really fit your taste this time i think :)
boymeetsdoor wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:22 am
even if the tune doesn't really fit your taste this time i think :)
Nah, no worries. I like old school sounding, style music sometimes. :D
Like for example Jungle Japes from Super Smash Bros Melee.
That is a swing jazz type tune, and even alot of young people including myself, really love that tune. 8-)
Nice tune!

It s so chill, i d like to achieve your master at sound design, all sound is at his place, well mixed.

Is it all programming or is there some samples( i think at the sax especially) piano is well humanised, it doesnot sound machine.

Maybe can you emphase this particularity to the drums ( playing with velocities...).

Maybe one of the best lmms tune I listened to, good game.

Cheers from western France, a bientôt!
Hi Sahaathyva,

thanks for your nice comment.

You are right, the sax-solo is a combination of some riffs from a sax-sample-pack. When you play in the no- or low-budget league like most of us it is nearly impossible to get a realistic sax sound for a solo with a free vst. As part of a backing the free dvs sax is ok but as a solo instrument it is awful.

The rest is made with free vst stuff. For the piano e.g. I used the e-piano from the free kontakt 5 player in combination with an old sf2 piano.

You are also right concerning the drum sound. It is a litlle mechanic. Drums are always the most difficult part for me and I need to work on that :) .

By the way. As a lover of dub and reggae I was really impressed by your stepper dub. The melody (always the most important part for me) is lovely and I like the flow and the progression of your track. Dub is alway atmosphere and you hit the spot. Same applies to the slow dub.

Keep on the good work and love from Berlin