Melodic dubstep test [update April 2020]

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I'mma be honest, even the crappy sound quality on SC couldn't hold back the awesome. I definitely hear the difference though... it did look like maybe whatever algorithm controls audio quality on there tried to compress it and just couldn't deal with the sudden volume changes. (Just a massive uneducated guess... I don't know how any of that works, but I remember reading about how streaming sites often try to optimize audio, which can really screw with musicians sometimes).

Seriously though, that track was really friggin' cool.

Also, this is my first time hearing about clyp.it... is it just an alternative platform to SC or is there more going on there?
Canilho wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:01 am
I also thought this could be a problem more related to bitrate compression than the sample size.
Yeah. But, I recently uploaded in 32-bit, I do not understand why the supersaws are still the same and it seems anything above 10k hz gets crushed
Yes, I 've noticed that you had a link to your deviantArt profile,I have one too so I really had to check your art. :D
aaaa :) I checked yours too and watched back!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foggy wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:44 am
I'mma be honest, even the crappy sound quality on SC couldn't hold back the awesome...

Seriously though, that track was really friggin' cool.
Thank you <3
Also, this is my first time hearing about clyp.it... is it just an alternative platform to SC or is there more going on there?
Clyp is like SC but the stream quality is higher than YouTube and wayyyy higher than SoundClown. The community is pretty small, as I see but yeah I don't mostly participate there and I just upload. Most people there upload WIP's (work in progress) than most full songs. And the limit is twice as SoundClown's.
I definitely hear the difference though... it did look like maybe whatever algorithm controls audio quality on there tried to compress it and just couldn't deal with the sudden volume changes. (Just a massive uneducated guess... I don't know how any of that works, but I remember reading about how streaming sites often try to optimize audio, which can really screw with musicians sometimes).
You have a point, and the "sudden volume changes" in compression is actually worse in on YouTube. (in my computer browser and phone app I have to amplify the volume all the way to 50-70% whereas when I downloaded the music in their stores/other streaming sites that provide direct download, the song is very loud and I couldn't stand above 20%) but in YT the higher frequencies do not get crushed like SC does

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND OH, I compared the 2 songs between the 32-bit float .wav SoundCloud compression and the original export, it seems that SC is forcing a headroom or trying to put up a volume limit from its compression.

shit I've tried on the 32-bit master file [each are different]:
1. I noticed that the higher freq gets crushed, I tried to minimize the hi freq on the 32 bit file a little bit and it still sounds less trash, but still trash :lol:
2. I added a headroom, decreased by 0.64 dB (no low pass), no luck
3. Decreased again by 2.6 more dB (no low pass), same thing.
4. Audio decreased (0.64+2.6) + low pass 10k hz + resampled to 48k hz = still bad as hell

And, oh, probably I have nothing to do now omegalul. It took me 1 hour for those. So, I don't just upload the full songs on SC it's a waste of internet bandwidth.

And yeah, if you haven't heard it, I revamped the song few days ago. Added wide panned bass and layered a wooaaahh sound over the supersaws: https://clyp.it/xrc2jz1j
vortexsupernova wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:16 am
And yeah, if you haven't heard it, I revamped the song few days ago. Added wide panned bass and layered a wooaaahh sound over the supersaws: https://clyp.it/xrc2jz1j
Were those VCR sounds there before?
Foggy wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:03 am
Were those VCR sounds there before?
In the new version, I recently added them as an experiment. I was planning to remove the ones in the beginning tho. I took them from Freesound.org
Oh okay. Cool! I was wondering what I was hearing at first and then it became clear at the end when I heard that distinctive "ka-THUNK".