Lena - Satellite ( JaniMilfsson Ft Canilho )

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi guys. This is my first attempt to produce with other person's vocals.

This was something I really was scared at first, it was really hard to sync everything.
As you might also know, LMMS has it's own cons when dealing with vocals.

First of all, I've treated the vocals audio with Audacity, and also used this app to cut the samples I've used for the song.
I know this can also be done in LMMS; but for me, it felt easy and was also faster to work this way.
The whole song was made around the vocals.
I've learned some new tricks with this production. Here is the final piece. Let me know what you think.
Soundcloud: Lena - Satellite ( JaniMilfsson Ft Canilho )

The lyrics of this song are from 2010 Germany's Eurovision song performed by Lena
Vocals performed by JaniMilfsson
Canilho wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:44 am
I've learned some new tricks with this production. Here is the final piece. Let me know what you think.
Soundcloud: Lena - Satellite ( JaniMilfsson Ft Canilho )
Amazing work Canilho. Wow!
I have a feeling this tune was tough to make.
Sure it was. :D
First of all, it was the first I've made with vocals. I haven't changed the base pitch of the lead but had some issues when I worked with some vocals, to make them sound cool.

The cool thing is that this made work with some effects that I've never played with before.
It also showed me that LMMS lacks good pitch "visual" tools that could make it easy to work with samples or just a more intuitive tool to crop them.
I did most of that work in Audacity.

I've made a few corrections on the original song, that I didn't upload yet.