This may be the wrong place to post this, but I have an idea

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I was talking to a friend of mine and she mentioned a hospital, so I got inspired to make a song based around a heartbeat drum kick intro. It might be drum and bass, or maybe something calm, I haven't decided yet, but I can change the tempo of the beats accordingly. My reason for posting is I need pointers if anyone knows how to tweak them to sound at least close to a real heartbeat. I got the tempo down perfectly, but it doesn't sound quite right. I found that the kick 1-2 and kick 2-2 samples from Hydrogen together sound very close, but they're missing a certain sound, hopefully you know what I'm talking about. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to achieve the sound I'm looking for?
Or, I could reply on the forums. ;)

I'm not sure how to achieve this, it is something that can only be done through a bit of experimentation. The probability of other members here having needed this and figuring out the result earlier is fairly small. This actually happens with a lot of extremely specific challenges like this, where asking on the forums kind of circumvents part of your job as a musician: to come up with clever ways to deal with things like this.

That said, I can recommend that you hunt down some heartbeat sound FX on free sound websites and use them as a reference for what yours should ultimately sound like.

And this could be the right place to post as long as you turn this into a kind of WIP thread for said project.
Heh, there you are :lol: Yeah I see your point, I can't grow as an artist without playing around by myself. Can you recommend any good sound effect websites? Although I would prefer to use an actual drum sample since I can still get a drum sound while making it sound like a heartbeat. I'll look around online and play with the settings on LMMS, hopefully I can come up with something.
Well I found a decent hearbeat sound effect, it has a bit of a weird static sound at the cutoff point, but I think I can edit that out with the start and end points in the beat and bassline editor. I might as well ask something else in this thread while I'm here. I've noticed that the notes I put in the piano roll don't start at the very beginning of the song, there seems to be a 1 or 2 second delay before the music starts. the line doesn't seem to be starting right where I put the notes at the beginning. I could just move them but I'm not sure why it's even doing that in the first place or how to prevent it. It could just be my lack of music knowledge though and I'm just looking at the piano roll wrong.
.. perhaps you like these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featu ... vtBpnV_lOE
Compleete with disease murmor :p

Br.
Well unfortunatley it is not a new idea, but still a great one! :D listen to this and see if it helps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqu-QUHqk2g
Yeah I know it's nothing new, but you know that saying, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. It depends what you do with that idea that matters.