how do you automate one block on the song editor?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
whenever i automate the volume high to low on the Grit Lead after the automation block ends it keeps the volume of the Grit Lead off for the rest of the song and when i start the song over, i had the same problem with another part but the get around was i was going low to high volume and the volume rest/ends on the mixer channel where it regularly is for the song, and i have not figured out how to manually if you can, number in the values instead of dragging

i feel automation could be a lot easier for some feedback
BuhBOOOOM wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 am
how do you automate one block on the song editor?
No, that you cant do.
Automation is for the whole track. The last value in an automation will be the set-value, until a new value is set! And that also gives you the answer to how to achieve what you want!

You only need to extend the automation into the next bar, and there you set the value that you want to have when the instrument plays later in the track -Or you place a new automation-block just infront of the next note-block
that is how i fixed it before but i thought i was just doing a work around, still no way to manually put in the values on the automation editor? it is hard to try and move the points on the automation editor to where it matches the volume i have set for the instrument in the mixer so the rest of the song the instrument is at the correct volume i want it, it is hard to move the mouse in small enough incriments, incrumbmints? to match the mixer volume
BuhBOOOOM wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:03 am
still no way to manually put in the values on the automation editor?
No, but i understand the need for this option. You have to look at the value shown in the black box atm.