Can't Import Audios.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Greetings,

I started using LMMS two days ago and I find it very nice and somewhat easy to use, but whenever I try to import an audio I have downloaded on my computer it says "Couldn't find a filter for importing file (name of file). You should convert this file into another format supported by LMMS using another software"

Thanks in advance
-Ace
Click on the instruments plugin icon (around top left of screen) and then drag the AUDIOFILEPROCESSER to a track. Then left click on it and you will see a folder icon. Click it to navigate to the audio. You have to put a long note in piano roll on the track to play the file. And depending on which note you use it will play faster or slower. LMMS is not an audio editor like audacity so you're just limited to some simple things you can to do to imported audio.
Thank you! :D
AceTheNovak wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:31 pm
Greetings,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum AceTheNovak !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
"Couldn't find a filter for importing file (name of file). You should convert this file into another format supported by LMMS using another software"
Did you try the AudioFileprocessor suggestion? Did that work?!
The error indicate that you have tried to use an unsupported file type!

LMMS support most common sound-files, but not imported mp3!
Supported are:
* wave
* ogg
* ds
* flac

You should also know about the second type of soundfile-import LMMS can do: Sample-track
Read about that feature here: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... th_Samples

I find the error popup strange. What OS do you run on your computer?
I started using LMMS two days ago
Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature
Hi! The AudioFileProcesser did not work, but I downloaded Audacity and that works pretty well. I'm still slowly figuring it all out, thank you for your help

-Ace
AceTheNovak wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:51 am
Hi! The AudioFileProcesser did not work, but I downloaded Audacity and that works pretty well.
I read this as if you are using audacity to convert your not-working sound-files to working in LMMS -Is that correct?
Files in the format i listed above should -no they MUST work in both AudioFileProcesser and Sample-track
Do they?

I would still like to know what OS you have on your computer :)