Sample track has no sound whatsoever after exported

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Greetings.

I'd like to assert, first and foremost, that i've only been using this software for a relatively short amount of time. I've also neglected to get into tutorials of any kind; so the case might just be that i'm missing something elemmental. However, i'd like to ask about an issue i just cannot find the origin of: I've made a composition of various tracks, a mix between a number of midi tracks and one sample track of my electric guitar, recorded through audacity and exported as a WAV file. When I export the project as a whole, still, only the midi tracks play and the guitar sample has no sound. I've, as well, tried exporting the tracks individually and the sample track still has no sound whatsoever. I've thoroughly checked for any signs i might've muted it without knowing, but, as far as i can know, it seems not.

I'd greatly appreciate your patience and understanding, i'm quite willing to provide more information if such is needed. Many thanks, in advance.
Lezy wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:36 pm

When I export the project as a whole, still, only the midi tracks play and the guitar sample has no sound. I've, as well, tried exporting the tracks individually and the sample track still has no sound whatsoever.
One possible reason could be that the sample track in the project has no audio data in it. DOUBLE CLICK on the sample track in the project, and when the browser window opens, locate and click on the guitar track and then choose OPEN. Then export the project to verify.
Lezy wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:36 pm
Greetings.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Lezy !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
When I export as a whole, sample has no sound.
And you hear the sample play fine in playback, inside LMMS?
Then i think you may have a devise issue.
If your PC is windows, you must use SDL as Device
Read here how to make this Setup:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... o_Settings

If you have SDL, then the issue could be oversampling or other incompatible choices (if you made any...)
Try export with default settings.

Let us know the outcome :)
And your OS and LMMS version, if the problem persists
Many thanks for your input, musikbear.

I've tried changing the device to SDL, as you've suggested, yet not only does the problem persist, but the sample audio won't have any sound even in the preview. I've, despite this, even tried exporting the project as an mp3 file still with the SDL audio device, but there's still no trace of the sample track in the product. As for your concerns regarding oversampling, i hadn't touched that parameter yet, it still sits at 1x but, even with the device i've been using for all my other projects, PortAudio, changing it does nothing for the sample's audio when exported.

As requested, these are both my OS and the LMMS version i'm using, respectively: Windows 10; LMMS 1.2.0.
Cold facts:
Lezy wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:57 pm
  • changing the device to SDL
    tried exporting the project as an mp3
    no oversampling,
    Windows 10; LMMS 1.2.0.
- problem persist
Really strange.. :|
But then you say
even with the device i've been using for all my other projects, PortAudio,
And that is interesting!
You have exported other projects, and successfully -But did they have any audio-samples in a sample track ?

First of all
* Shut down all open programs
* shut down !Not sleep!! -your pc, wait 2 mins and reboot
Now you know you have a clean cache and no 'clutter' in memory!

Your Guitar-sample, that is not one of the samples from LMMS -right? I wonder if there is something 'fishy' with the sample. Some samples has restrictions. F.i. many samples from karaoke collections, they cant play outside the actual 'engine'. These are restrictions that is made in the header of the file.
Could you take that sample and simply place it in an empty new project, and try and export that, with default settings to a wave file. What happens?
I also want you to try and replace the Problem-sample in a copy of the problem-project, with any sample from the LMMS collection, then try to export that, even though it will sound awful, it will tell us if the project can export sample-tracks