Playback hanging V1.2.1

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Since a longer time I got the problem, that the playback is hanging after a small changing in the project.
I have to close and open LMMS, then the playback is working fine. After a small changing the playback starts hanging again.
In version V1.2.0 it was the same problem and it's only when I use VST plugins.
I use Windows 10 V1809 have a Intel i5 Prozessor and 8GB RAM. I think this is enough for small sound projects.
Is there a way to reduce or solve this playback hanging?
Thanks in advance for any help.
mvgera wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:45 pm
...it's only when I use VST plugins.
Does all VST plugins cause this?

mvgera wrote:
I use Windows 10 V1809 have a Intel i5 Prozessor and 8GB RAM. I think this is enough for small sound projects.
Yes. That would be plenty of power for a small project.
mvgera wrote:
playback is hanging :: it's only when I use VST plugins.
Windows 10 V1809 have a Intel i5 Prozessor and 8GB RAM. +1,2,1
Ok so its already known that this is a VST problem. Just as Zonk says- Is it with one in particular, or any one?
General VST-issues are unknown in 1.2.x, so i lean towards you using a VST-FX-plugin, that leads to problems.
This what i want you to do:
open the project Greippi - Krem Kaakkuja.mmpz from the folder: //projects\demos/
- it only uses default instruments!
now, in the lead track:

* insert The VST that you suspect as reason for your problem -then play the song
Does it replay in lmms correctly?
Repeat this process, with each of the VSTs you have in the hickuped project. Eventually the culprit will be found.
As i said my money is on a FX, but here you know your own project better :p

As a final test, you can make a concept-test by downloading MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy its dll to your VST-folder. Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win.

MDA-piano is my concept-VST, if you can play the project with that, then you can use VSTs!

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome mvgera !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions