my vsts are not loading.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
about 20 minutes ago, for some reason my vst folder changed to desktop to when I changed it back to my VST file, all my vsts loaded up fine, but when I loaded up a new project I'm working on, all my vsts were unloaded. This happens with ALL my projects. I don't want to load them up again, because it would take hours or not even be possible to find the presets I used or recreate the settings for my synths. Is there anyway to fix this? I haven't saved any projects while they were in this state, by the way...
The vsts need to be in the exact same location as they were in the saved lmms file. Save an old lmms file with the uncompressed file extension *.mmp then open it with a text editor search for vestige. Then put the vsts in that location.
this might not work resaving seems to lose the location. Anyway double check the location. The error message should tell you were to put them.
Damon Tattersfield wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 am
for some reason my vst folder changed to desktop
Say whut?!
Are you saying that your VST-setting inside LMMS for VST changed itself to 'Desktop' ?!
I have never heard that before
It actually read out "Desktop" here:
Also in other settings?

Well all you have to do is to point LMMS to the folder where you actually DO have your VST-dlls -eg the VST-plugin-directory! Browse to the correct one on HD, and save.
Mr_LMMS_user wrote: The vsts need to be in the exact same location as they were in the saved lmms file.
No the VSTs dll's only need to be in the VST-plugin-directory, they are project-file-independent.. -Except!
If you have made presets with VSTs-dlls, then they are file-hard-coded!
That is a nasty problem, if you move from one pc to another, but its only presets
it's not just presets, it's also all the sounds I've created. Also now I think about, it didn't change the file directory to desktop, it changed it to documents or some other primary folder. I changed my vst folder in settings back to the one I use but it still isn't working. I'm kinda stressing out now :cry: :cry:

when I changed my computer the same thing happened, but once I set my vst file directory back to the folder I store my vsts in, everything went back to the way it was. But it's not happening now.
any help would be appreciated :)
Also if there's any way to access this hard-coded data or whatever it's called, to get my presets/ sounds I made back, I would appreciate that.
Damon Tattersfield wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:35 pm
it's also all the sounds I've created.
Do you mean your Samples
Also now I think about, it didn't change the file directory to desktop, it changed it to documents
AHA!
See thats different!
..\Documents\lmms\presets\VeSTige IS the default path to your VSTs
That mean that your 'dot' config file is corrupted!

Code: Select all

...!  Are you ....by 'chance' ...having MORE than ..one LMMS installed....... !
.....*aHemmphf.. !*

If Yes..
*Arghhhh*!

Backup! Uninstall! DL new 1.2.1! ReInstall! O N C E !

If "No - You do ONLY have one LMMS installed"

Do this:
*(re)move the config dot-file
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings
I would actually like to see that file!
I would appreciate if you could upload it somewhere and send me a link in pm. Some weirdness in that file could be important to understand this bug
Send that file before you go to the next step!
Eg now!
After you send that file and sent me the link :p Do this:

Open LMMS
Go into Settings/ Directories
from the top, go through each of the options, and browse to the correct folders!
When you are done, and have OK'ed the settings, LMMS will create a new configfile, and should be working after a restart
Let us know the outcome :)

when I changed my computer the same thing happened
Yes, LMMS is not friendly in respect to migrating to new computer. We need to do better!