My Suggestions for LMMS and 1 bug that I have found.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
These are the few suggestions that I have right now.

1. Quantization on the Song-Editor.
2. A Tempo Tapper. (So that things gets easier)
3. Swing Slider. (Adds swing to beat. Probably add it in Piano-Roll, Song Editor and Beat+Bassline Editor.
4. A better GUI. (The current GUI is good but its slightly bad. At least make it slightly more minimal.)

This is the only bug that I found

1. There is this weird thing when I left click on knobs in the VST plugins. Like when I left click like for example I am using Helm (A Synth VST Plugin), and then when I left any knob... There is these 2 settings that pops up. 1) Set to Default Value, 2) Learn MIDI Assignment (There will be different settings in different plugins when you left click anything that can have settings on). It just flicker when I left click on them. It includes to all plugins which makes it harder to use the VST's and some Effect plugins.

This is all I have in this topic/subject.

Hope you add my suggestions and fix the bug.

Thank you! :D
your 4 suggestions is suggested several times.
IHateTheWorld wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:46 pm

VST plugin Helm.
when I left click on knobs. 2 settings pops up.
1) Set to Default Value,
2) Learn MIDI Assignment
That is not related to LMMS at all.
Those are specific response-events from that one specific VST 'Helm' -that btw also is on the NoGo-list, because it cant keep usersettings!!!

Not a bug, but a Helm feature
Nope... Its not only Helm. I said it includes to all VST's and plugins. This bug (if not then something) happens to every plugin that I have. It happens to 3rd party Effect plugins and VST Synths. Its related to LMMS cuz it happens to 3rd party plugins. Those 2 settings or more flickers to everything. It should not flicker right? I mean whats the point of those settings if you cant use them. You know what I mean? Also I set Helm as an example.

I think you misunderstood my topic or subject because my English was bad and it was hard to explain for me. I am very well sorry for that. And I am using the LATEST LMMS Version.

Thank you for the reply anyways!
IHateTheWorld wrote: Nope... Its not only Helm.
And I am using the LATEST LMMS Version.
I cant reproduce
Can you take a screenshot?
Please use one of the VSTs that is on the tested and approved list
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Tested_VSTs
Hello! Thanks for replying. Here is a link to a gif/video that I made: https://imgur.com/nuCTsfY
I have a correction to make. When you left click the effect plugins, it works but the VST's effect plugins don't. I forgot to show it in the gif/video but you can understand that that's the main bug/topic/subject here.

Edit: I only used Helm because I was in a rush. I don't want to record all of my VST plugins but this is good enough for a example of the bug happening. Sorry!
IHateTheWorld wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:59 pm
Edit: I only used Helm because I was in a rush.
Not what i ask you to do. You were suppose to show your issue with an approved VST.
But I have tested my win10-1.2.1 with Helm. I cant reproduce.
Oh sorry! I misunderstood your request. Let me see if I can try it with one of the VST's in the list.
Hello again! I've tested T-Force Alpha Plus (Version 1.2.0) and the settings are different but issue/bug/problem doesn't seem to appear. I've also tested my other VST plugins and it seems to be working fine. I guess its Helm only? Sorry for assuming "all" VST plugins. The problem with Helm just bugged me out and got annoyed so I just randomly assumed all plugins that the problem is appearing. I tested the effect plugins but there's this 1 plugin that has the bug. It's called TAL Filter 2 but this time its when you left click. there's supposed to be this drop down showing the settings for it and you know it already... It flickers like Helm. So again, I am very sorry for assuming. I was in a bad mood (lol I wasn't, I was just annoyed. You see... I use Helm always so that's why I got mad with the bug). My story may be confusing... So don't mind that. Probably some plugins may have the flickering problem (At least for me). Sorry for all of the misunderstanding and the confusion.
IHateTheWorld wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:09 am
I guess its Helm only? Sorry for assuming "all" VST plugins.
That is one of the things all testers learn to do. Retest with different things.
Probably some plugins may have the flickering problem

That could be correct!. If they are build with one of the popular 'builder-kits', then they could have similar bugs, but in general, LMMS 1.2.1. has ~90 % successful usage with VST instruments. Much less with effects.