Changing time signatures

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi i am writing a drum track for my band to use as a click track.
there are time changes from bar to bar and i have been using the automation editor for the numerator and denominator values

Im struggling to get lmms to acknowledge the time changes that happen from bar to bar.
it is quite complicated as in a bar of 9/8, one bar of 4/4 then in to 3/4.

i am using the graph to dictate which bars the time changes , however LMMS dosent seem to be recognizing that i have done this.eg when i go to add beat/bassline . it is giving me 9/8 set up instead of 4/4/ set up.

Is there an easier or defined way to use LMMS to make time signature changes multiple times? i cant seem to find an answer.

Thanks
diddybones wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:17 am
Hi
Hi, Welcome to the Forum diddybones !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
Im struggling to get lmms to acknowledge the time changes that happen from bar to bar in beat/bassline
i have been using the automation editor for the numerator and denominator values
As you can see i enhanced a part.
alas beat/bassline has automation issues, you can automate inside beat/bassline, but only for one bar!
What i will recommend you to do, in this special case, is to make your percussion-beat in song-editor inside an ordinary piano-roll-block! That way you should be able to accomplish any type of tempi-changes
Hut i recommend to use a non-discrete curve in Automation-track, just as i did here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIToz0LIRIM

If you need a more in depth tutorial let us know
Hi thanks for having a look at this for me:I had a go and got nowhere except more and more frustrated.However, i got mixcraft 8 to see if it was any easier to use . They have things called markers you can you can just drop in and change the time signature from that point ...in 5 minutes of my first go i was jumping from 11/8 to 4/4 to 5/4 with zero hassle , no weird bits not syncing up...just smooth easy transitions. So lesson learnt :use mixcraft if you are after proggy nonsence time changes.Cheers musikbear for trying