Zynaddsubfx

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey there fellow people,

I have an issue with Zynaddsubfx (And I had just found out the frickin thing existed. Hellllloooo microtones) but I'm having trouble with adding any kind of effects under "System Effects" smack dab in the middle of the UI when you first open it. I am using the advanced interface where I can go further and change LFO's and all the juicy stuff. It used to work before and I had no trouble adding reverb to strings or wah effects to organ but I just came across the issue just now where I finished editing the hell out of an effect thinking it was gonna sound really cool and to no avail, I didn't hear a single thing change. Now I'm trying all kinds of different Zynaddsubfx and same results. I tried the wackiest most obvious things like distortion to strings or reverb to distorted organ to make sure i'm not just deaf and again, nothing. Is there some kind of on and off button I missed? Is this a bug?
LengthMustBe wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:55 am
Hey there fellow people,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum LengthMustBe !
Here are all important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
I'm having trouble with adding any kind of effects under "System Effects"
zasfx can be a big chunk to handle :)
System-effects are the effect-stack in zasfx.
You can use them as 'singleton-effects', but its not the purpose.
They are meant for graduated combined stacks of effects, so like "reverb on phaser" combined!
It is all controlled on the 4 dial-array 'to sys Efx'
But in your case i recommend using insertion-effects Those are for 'singleton-effects'
You can find a lot of tutorials on zasfx here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... a4NWWj70pD
Including how to handle effects