Channel FX go crazy!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi! I noticed a strange bug(?) when experimenting with Fx channels. It's like the Spectrum Analyzer loses its self-control when not listening to the output.
The situation is a follows:
FX channel 1 exists with an instrument (no matter which) assigned to it.
Then added C* Plate2x2 Reverb and a Spectrum Analyzer to the FX chain of Channel 1.
To this point it all works nicely. But look what happens if you press a note with the Master channel 0 muted. Then before the reverb decays, unmute the master channel. The Spectrum Analyzer now slowly goes up to the sky, except the rightmost band. Pressing a note resets it, but it starts to go up again.
So, that's strange. Does anyone else have this problem?
dj-pixus wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:38 am
Then before the reverb decays, unmute the master channel.
The Spectrum Analyzer now slowly goes up to the sky, except the rightmost band. Pressing a note resets it, but it starts to go up again.
So, that's strange. Does anyone else have this problem?
Then before the reverb decays
This only happens if you have enabled the 'keep-effects-running' in Settings
Also, its not really a 'bug'. The workflow is to 'odd' to be considered normal, It is hard to imagine a real situation where you would mute Master(?) Because that means no output.
But the effects will still run and you get that output in the Analyser -but only in the F1-channel
But one also on your Master, and that will be totally without any output, untill you enables the Masters output again :)
Yes, i know this workflow is not normal at all. Just tried to discover how the signal flows thru all that routing system. But I am curious how the master channel can influence the signal BEFORE it. Also the "crazyness" of the analyzer does not appear in the output signal, so some trick is happening here.
dj-pixus wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:35 pm
Yes, i know this workflow is not normal at all. Just tried to discover how the signal flows thru all that routing system. But I am curious how the master channel can influence the signal BEFORE it. Also the "crazyness" of the analyzer does not appear in the output signal, so some trick is happening here.
Did you toggle the 'keep-effects-running' on of in Settings?
Its from there :)
Yes :) And it also solved the problem. BUT... the main question is: what is happening when not???