C++ Runtime Library Related Issue

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hallo
Ok, I think splashpage means LMMS crash on start. So he can't reach the settings.
I have the same Problem on Win 7 64bit. libportaudio-2.dll crash on start. When all Soundcards stop under Win, LMMS start. But than is there no sound :-)
Try to start sound LMMS crash.
Looks like an old problem (#1173?)
Should fix in 1.1.0 but it seem to be back.
Under Win 8.1 and Notebook LMMS works fine.
MfG
Audio80 wrote:Hallo
Hello to you too! Since you are new, these are for you:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=15232#p15232
Audio80 wrote: same Problem on Win 7 64bit. libportaudio-2.dll crash on start.
Do you still have this problem? 1173 is an ASIO in relevance to linux issue, but i understand that you use win7-64b?
If you have chosen ASIO, and you now get a crash at startup, you need to locate and move .lmmsrc.xml :

Close lmms
Make sure nothing is running in the background in your 'task-manager'
If you do not know how to use TM, restart your pc.
In your
'Documents and Settings'
(or similar)
you have a file
.lmmsrc.xml
Observe the dot.
Use the search-tool, to find this file.
You cant rename this file, but you can move it!
Move it to one of the folders you have there - (like 'plugins')
Now restart lmms
Since nothing now points to ASIO, your lmms should start.
You should be now asked to enter new settings. choose SDL as audio devise.
If this fails, you can upload your .lmmsrc.xml, and we will take a look on it
I have the same problem.

I tried it with the 64-bit veresion as well as with the 32-bit version of lmms on windows 7 and i got the same error. (yes, I uninstalled the 64-bit-version first bevor I installed the other one)
I still can not get the programm started.
I even tried to find the the .lmmsrc.xml file, but i couldnt find it!
So what could be the problem? Has anyone another idea?

Thanks in advance

********* and by the way: I found out that this problem occoured with the other "versions" as well: lmms 1.1.3 (32-/64-bit), 1.1.2 (32-/64-bit) and lmms 1.1.0 (32-bit).
Hallo
I have tried .lmmsrc.xml to move. It does't work. On github, under issues#512
or for Win 8 #451
I have fund the same error message.
Win7 and driver are up-to-date.
Any Idea?
Audio80 wrote: Any Idea?
SameHere wrote:I have the same problem.
SameHere Welcome http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=15232#p15232

Both of you, try the 1.1.3 32bit. I dont know if it will solve this issue, but lets try. (not the 1.1.0 sameHere. If you already tried that, then im stumped.. 8[
Remember to shut down after you have removed the 64bit version. Then power-up after 3 mins, and dl and install lmms 32bit for windows
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe

I dont know why 64bit does not work for you. I believe many others have this, and runs lmms fine? Anyone?
I even tried to find the the .lmmsrc.xml file, but i couldnt find it!
Do you have partitions? Its on the disk with your OS. Just make a win-search for it
Hallo
OK LMMS run. 32 Bit or 64 Bit don't resolve the problem.
All attempts were in vain.
Tested with the newest (beta)driver for the soundcard and LMMS run.
Hope all other Soundprogs work too.
Gruß
Audio80 wrote: Tested with the newest (beta)driver for the soundcard and LMMS run.
ahh -'So a driver issue!
Interesting ! What soundcard is installed? Is it an onboard card?
Hallo
In use is this card: Asus Xonar DX
Onboard card is switch off. Lmms starts with onboard card enable, but I only use the Asus.
If I have time will test lmms under Linux(OpenSuSE) on this PC.
With regards
Audio80 wrote:In use is this card: Asus Xonar DX
Onboard card is switch off. Lmms starts with onboard card enable, but I only use the Asus.
Hmm wonder if that could be a problem. Caqnt you completely disable the low-end onboard sound-chip, and only let your OS know about the installed ASUS card?
Audio80 wrote: If I have time will test lmms under Linux(OpenSuSE) on this PC.
With regards
Looking fwd to that.
Hi! I signed up to share what fixed this issue for me. Thanks for making LMMS!

After trying quite a few things what worked for me were the directions in a Youtube video to download the 1.0.13 release version of the Bitwig studio demo, install Bitwig, pull out portaudio-x64.dll & rename it libportaudio-2.dll and place that in the LMMS folder instead of the one included with LMMS or the substitute mentioned previously relating to this issue.

The bad part is downloading a 116 MB file to pull out the small dll. The good part is that LMMS is now working perfectly on both machines. I would put the dll on a file server somewhere, but I presume that violates some sort of license or something related to Bitwig.

This the the youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5-DvjbuOiw

This is the Bitwig version containing the dll that worked for me: https://downloads.bitwig.com/stable/1.0 ... 1.0.13.msi

Specifics: this is re: 2 Asus laptops running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, both with Intel integrated and discrete Nvidia sound, and using the current version of LMMS, 1.1.3.

Both performed as per mentioned previously by others. Install proceeded normally, but on first run the LMMS intro screen showed for a moment then the C ++ runtime error message showed, leading to the close dialog without ever being able to open or use LMMS. No xml file was generated. LMMS had never run and could not be accessed on either device.

After replacing libportaudio-2.dll as suggested, at initialization both computers showed the "...can't start... 0xc000007b" error message.

I re/installed all of the C ++ redistributables from MS from 2005 through 2015 in both 64 and 32 bit.
I downloaded, renamed, and copied in the recommended replacement for libportaudio-2.dll after renaming the original in the LMMS folder.
Later I manually downloaded and installed various dlls mentioned elsewhere across the WWW in safe mode.
Later I removed completely and re-acquired all sound drivers.
I ran system file checker and some dlls were repaired.
I also tried the 32 bit version of LMMS.
The 0xc000007b error persisted through all of this.

Replacing the libportaudio-2.dll with the Bitwig portaudio-x64.dll fixed both immediately.

Hope this helps someone else.