LinuxSampler for GIG and SFZ

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I found good sampler for using GIG banks
vst plugin is work good for single instance instrument in LMMS
but if i add second instrument - LMMS just craches

How can i use many linux sampler instruments?
Hi!

LMMS can load Sf2 files.
While a GIG player is coming in lmms 1.2

The reason why it crashes with that VST may be because GIG sample packs are really big. So, how much MB are yours?

Also, when loading a really big file inside of lmms, just give it time, even minutes, and if you want check your RAM behaviour to see if it's really crashed or if it's loading!
This may be different between OSs

For example, I tried this new Gig player and loaded a 500MB sample pack. The program did not respond for like two minutes, and then it worked again and I could play the gig file!

Last thing: are you on a quad core CPU? LMMS and VSTs work better together on a multi-core. For some reason xD
no
it's not too big samples

about 50-100

LinuxSampler vst - is stable and good and i can load bigger sample banks. but i can load succefully only one instance for LinuxSampler vst (1 track).

and acctually i use dirfferent types - GIG, SFZ

> While a GIG player is coming in lmms 1.2

i know but 1) i dont know how to load banks in this instrument - coz its empy 2) sometimes lmms 1.2 craches so i better use stable version
Yea wait a new RC for lmms 1.2, the current public one is not usable at all xD

Anyway, it's strange. LMMS is able to load different instances of VST, so I don't see why it can't with linux sampler.

Is you PC powerful? Maybe it struggles, lmms is not really well optimized for that.