Beginning to Write Music

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I've had numerous attempts with starting to write music, but usually have given up. I hope to chronicle this next attempt here, since I can find no better place and I happen to be using your software. I will only post, of course, pieces that are not too horrible so as not to hurt anyone who may stumble unawares into this thread. As you will hear, I prefer a more classical style and hope to eventually write orchestral pieces. Don't know if I'll ever reach there, though. :|
I've been reading allot on music theory and such, but my only formal training is with the trumpet (which I still play often).

A short melody written, I think, in B Major with a piano: Link
Next I will attempt to add suitable harmony to this.

I'm not sure there is much to criticize with this piece being so little, but if you can think of anything, it would be appreciated.
Thank you for listening.
Good luck with you project.
Your words encourage me to start my own project.
Keep us posted about your progress.
little_bob wrote:I've had numerous attempts with starting to write music, but usually have given up. I hope to chronicle this next attempt here, since I can find no better place and I happen to be using your software. I will only post, of course, pieces that are not too horrible so as not to hurt anyone who may stumble unawares into this thread. As you will hear, I prefer a more classical style and hope to eventually write orchestral pieces. Don't know if I'll ever reach there, though. :|
I've been reading allot on music theory and such, but my only formal training is with the trumpet (which I still play often).

A short melody written, I think, in B Major with a piano: Link
Next I will attempt to add suitable harmony to this.

I'm not sure there is much to criticize with this piece being so little, but if you can think of anything, it would be appreciated.
Thank you for listening.

Sounds great to me! Keep on keepin on, looking forward to hearing more...

I am very new to making beats with LMMS, not to mention, I never criticise anyone, lol. The only thing I could think of is: Humanising it a bit, play with the functions etc...

Welcome! :D