What is this sound called?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi. Right now I'm making a song in Lmms. But I was listening to "this song," on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaf6w4mrFGw
at the same time.

But my question is, what is this instrument etc. called. From 24 to 1:14 secs. It changes when it's coming close to 1:14.
Then you hear it plainly from 1:53 to 2:25.

Is this some sort of "Special Wobble sound," or some sort of "Super Dubstep Wobble sound," or something.
I really don't know.
I know "Dubstep Fans," may probably know what sound this is, "since they are great at making unique sound effects."
So if anyone knows, what it's called. Please tell me. Thanks.
Sounds to me like it's a pulse wave crossed with a saw wave. Also, I think there's a flanger on it. :)
It almost sounds like something "reversed", a sort of synthy spacey kinda thing; maybe you could start with a more "conventional" instrument and morph it into something similar... I don't think it has a name of its own, unless of course someone has already worked it into some kind of custom-made instrument.

But while we're on the subject, what do you call the sound that started the song? I'm talking about that freaky robot-woman voice going "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"... it sounded like what my alarm clock would say if it could talk. :lol: But seriously, what the heck is that? :)
It almost sounds like something "reversed", a sort of synthy spacey kinda thing; maybe you could start with a more "conventional" instrument and morph it into something similar... I don't think it has a name of its own, unless of course someone has already worked it into some kind of custom-made instrument.
Hey, why didn't I think of that. It could be a reversed audio clip. :shock:
But while we're on the subject, what do you call the sound that started the song? I'm talking about that freaky robot-woman voice going "Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"... it sounded like what my alarm clock would say if it could talk. But seriously, what the heck is that?
:lol: You know, the first time I heard it, I actually thought, it was a "Native American Chick," singing and performing in some ethnic ritual.

But, I believe it's singer Zoey Badwi's voice, clipped, cutoff early, and repeated, over and over again. It's a very interesting effect though.
You know, that gives me an idea, hmmm....................

But strangely, I like this version of the song. :D
The main thing I notice is that it seems to be using a peak controller driven by the kick. Like it's ducking the frequency on a cutoff filter somewhere. (Does that make sense, or is my listening off? I only play with synths as a hobby.)

Not sure if that's the effect your interested in. Rest sounds like some distorted instrument, maybe a sample or some such fuzzed up and blended with some noise using yet another filter. Maybe even a disintegrator or whatever one it is that reduces bit-depth and sample rate.

Thing is, there's more than one way to do it. Experimenting and trying to make something that sounds close is likely the best way to see if you're on the right track. (Sometimes my best sounding stuff is rarely intentional. But accidents in this regard tend to be fun more often than not.)
The first sound sounds like distortion + wobbling lowpass filter to me. Maybe some sort of FM is involved too.

I tried emulating it: http://ubuntuone.com/1OFGoNBL9yXylmX8Qy3OL0
To wobble, go in Instrument 1 Insertion effects, number 3 (should be an EQ with decreased gain and a small mountain that just touches the midline) and play with the frequency knob.
There's a lot more subbass to the sound than in your example, that's because I separated the sound in the high part (Instrument 1) and in a bass which is pretty loud (Instrument 2). If this bothers you just decrease the volume of the second instrument.

Finally, I did do some random stuff with FM and PM, but I'm not sure if it's necessary or even changes something. Distortion has the property of making most waveforms sound the same, so probably anything raw and sharp (any combination of saws and square waves without lowpass) will work. The insertion effects are where most of the magic lies.