Studio HW-soundcard for HW-mixer recommendations?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I enjoy having the mixer here because I don't need to boot up my pc and open up a daw just to get piano + voice with reverb in my ears, and I don't really want to mess around with plugins much, so it's a bit easier to have reverb from the mixer. Is there a downside to getting a soundcard that only has one input that you mix with the mixer? I was thinking since I already have a mixer I could save some money by just getting a very small high quality soundcard that doesn't have any mixing options. Is that a bad idea? If it's not, does anyone have any recommendations?

I have tried to buy the the focusrite scarlet 2i2 4th gen, but finding that the difference of quality between just putting headphones in my piano and listening on the focusrite is just way bigger than acceptable for me. I think I'm setting it up right. How much money do I have to spend to get an audio interface that has the same quality sound as the analogue from just using the phones out?

I'd be grateful if anyone could help
skibi wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:16 pm
I enjoy having the mixer here because I don't need to boot up my pc and open up a daw just to get piano + voice with reverb in my ears, and I don't really want to mess around with plugins much, so it's a bit easier to have reverb from the mixer. Is there a downside to getting a soundcard that only has one input that you mix with the mixer? I was thinking since I already have a mixer I could save some money by just getting a very small high quality soundcard that doesn't have any mixing options. Is that a bad idea? If it's not, does anyone have any recommendations?

I have tried to buy the the focusrite scarlet 2i2 4th gen, but finding that the difference of quality between just putting headphones in my piano and listening on the focusrite is just way bigger than acceptable for me. I think I'm setting it up right. How much money do I have to spend to get an audio interface that has the same quality sound as the analogue from just using the phones out?

I'd be grateful if anyone could help
I don't need to boot up my pc and open up a daw
This is actually borderline off for this forum content/ target-groups.
This forum is all about the free and open-source DAW LMMS, not music-production in general.
You will see that i have changed the topic because it is all about HW, interesting indeed, but not really LMMS relevant. I also doubt anyone here will be able to give you recommendations. I think you should try a forum where people discuss Studio-HW and know about HW, and that is not here : ).
Perhaps Linux-musicians, but even there i doubt the expertise in HW is to limited for your inquirery .
Best of luck finding answers elsewhere!
I am happy with my focusrite scarlet solo.

To get something better is seriously gonna cost you money.

I dont understand why the sounds from your piano is better, I dont think that should happen, although its possible that piano has a better sound device.

I doubt that to be the case though.

How do you produce the piano sound on your pc ?

Music bear is right though you need to find a hardware forum to get a good answer.