SIGSEGV signal close LMMS at launch

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Good afternoon,
I already had posted this issue on a throw account, as suggested on my distribution openSUSE, I should have used the GeekoDAWs compiled LMMS.

And that's what I did, but still, when I open the software in GNOME Desktop or the terminal, it does not launch.
fish: Job 1, 'lmms' terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)
I need help, I dont know why it is occuring.
Poire wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:04 pm
I should have used the GeekoDAWs compiled LMMS.
No, If you use a Linux computer you should use
WINE < 9 if you want VSt2 (and you must install WINE before you install LMMS)
and this LMMS-DL:
https://lmms.io/download#linux

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Poire !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Obviously no, I don't want to install the AppImage for multiple reasons. I have been told to use this on openSUSE cause it is simply the best and it is.

But I reinstalled the distro recently and now it isn't working, I don't know what I did wrong. Also, I have installed Wine before, maybe not the 9th version, but I did afterwards.

I might be a Qt dependency issue, even though I am using GNOME. I have outputed the crash result and got this:

[*]
"Thread 1 "lmms" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00007ffff66ede3b in QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendThroughApplicationEventFilters(QObject*, QEvent*) ()
from /lib64/libQt5Core.so.5
(gdb) bt
#0 0x00007ffff66ede3b in QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendThroughApplicationEventFilters(QObject*, QEvent*) () at /lib64/libQt5Core.so.5
#1 0x00007ffff79a51e8 in QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) ()
at /lib64/libQt5Widgets.so.5
#2 0x00007ffff66ee1d8 in QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) ()
at /lib64/libQt5Core.so.5
#3 0x00007ffff79d7c37 in QWidgetPrivate::setStyle_helper(QStyle*, bool) ()
#4 0x00007ffff79e81ca in QWidget::setParent(QWidget*, QFlags<Qt::WindowType>) ()
#5 0x00007ffff79e85e6 in QWidgetPrivate::init(QWidget*, QFlags<Qt::WindowType>) ()
#6 0x00005555557b4823 in MainWindow::MainWindow() ()
#7 0x00005555557a7d9c in GuiApplication::GuiApplication() ()
#8 0x0000555555689d0b in main ()
(gd"
[/u][/i][/b]
So yeah I would appreciate you understand and help me more, I'm new so sorry if I might don't understand or be awkward.
Poire wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:22 pm
I don't want to install the AppImage for multiple reasons. I have been told to use this on openSUSE cause it is simply the best and it is.
The problem is that only with the AppImage it is possible to get even close to an understanding of an issue. Each and every linux-user has different installations, because that is the nature of linux. The AppImage gives some idea about what is wrong. AppImage works on linux! That is established. When there are issues they are not due to either installations faults or compile-deficiencies.
Some Linuz-wizz may be able to see what is wrong, and one such place where you can find them would be forum for Linux-musicians
That is really my best idea for how to get your issue fixed, when you do not want to use AppImage.