ASIO4ALL on 64 bits LMMS, HOW?!?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello

There are many explanations how to make ASIO4ALL work on LMMS, but I cannot find a single one explanation how to do it on 64 bit versions of LMMS (especially, where to find the necessary replacement file for lib-portaudio...

-> Can anybody help?

-> Is the problem solved if I just install the 32 bit version of LMMS? Are there any advantages on using the 32 bit version of LMMS on 64 bit Windows 8.1?

Thanks for help
Patrick
Which of the dll-links did you follow. I believe there are several, and only some works ..somewhat works :/
If you are on windows, the SDL will give best stabillity.
but
afaik there is no 64x version of asio4all (?)
Please chime in, if anyone knows any!
Hello
I got asio4all64.dll today from http://www.asio4all.com/
The question is, what works, how and where to find it...
Regards
Patrick
OH! you got it
Then you do like this
Close lmms!!

In the same folder you have your lmms.exe, (lmms-install-folder) find the dll named

libportaudio-2.dll

Rename tis dll to something like..
libportaudio-2_ORRR.dll
Unpack your asio4all64.dll
copy that dll into the lmms-install-folder
rename that dll to
libportaudio-2.dll
Start lmms
Go to settings| preferences| audio
from device select portaudio
now in the second select, you should have the option ASIO4ALL
choose it
press ok
lmms will need a restart
If it makes 'noises' after restart :p -You have succesfully installed ASIO4ALL
If not you need to revert to SDL, but that option should also be included in the new libportaudio .. i hope ..
Let me know if you fixed it :)
Nice, thank you, but... it doesn't work.

LMMS refuses to start and says the it cannot find the entry point in the "Pa_GetDefaultInputDevice" procedure of the DLL c:\Program Files\LMMS\lmms.exe

By the way, I could reduce the latency to something more bearable by switching the outpout audio from SDL to PortAudio/Windows WASAPI. But even less latency would still be better!
The breakdown would indicate that the dll cant be used by lmms -:/ -32x ASIO does work, but will course bsod if it crashes!!

Latency can be set on the 'General Setting Tab' in 'Settings'
Mine is 145 ms , btw
Hi, there is no 64 portaudio dll with ASIO enabled that exists currently, to my knowledge. Most of these dll's are from Jack for windows, and AFAIR it only has a 32 bit version.
@paf: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5-DvjbuOiw

This method should work, I haven't tried it, but it seems to work for that guy.