BoL 4 is Live

Discuss the latest LMMS news with other forum members.
We are proud to present to you The Best of LMMS contest volume 4!

The contest aims to inspire the community to create and share their music. Submit your track at the link below before midnight on April 16th (UTC time) for a chance to be featured on the BoL v4 album. The compilation will be uploaded to Bandcamp, with all profits going towards LMMS' further development.

This year's submissions are handled through Google forms. We accept submissions hosted on YouTube, Soundcloud and Clyp. For the full rules check out the submission form:

https://goo.gl/forms/cifEliOViOXTSc8H2
Best of luck everyone! I'm excited to hear all the entries!
Awesome!!

If we're submitting two tracks do we make two separate forms, or do we put both in one form?
Also, another question. I'm planning on entering a piece (Joyous Waves) that has notes that are from a remix of the piece before it was actually finished. I took the notes out of the remixed project and changed/added to them so that they'd go with the style of Joyous Waves, and credited the artist that let me use the notes.
Would this piece be allowed in the BoL v.4, or would it be classified as a remixed project?

Thanks, and sorry for posting two questions at once. :)
Yeah buddy! Can't wait to see the results :P
Etorna_Z wrote:Also, another question. I'm planning on entering a piece (Joyous Waves) that has notes that are from a remix of the piece before it was actually finished. I took the notes out of the remixed project and changed/added to them so that they'd go with the style of Joyous Waves, and credited the artist that let me use the notes.
Would this piece be allowed in the BoL v.4, or would it be classified as a remixed project?

Thanks, and sorry for posting two questions at once. :)
So to answer your questions--
First, yes you will need to fill out two forums.

Second, we are discussing regarding your song. We'll get back to you when we come to a decision.
davisjacobym wrote:So to answer your questions--

Second, we are discussing regarding your song. We'll get back to you when we come to a decision.
Thank you!! I completely understand if you decide Joyous Waves is considered a remix. :)
Etorna_Z wrote:
davisjacobym wrote:So to answer your questions--

Thank you!! I completely understand if you decide Joyous Waves is considered a remix. :)
Ok, so the general consensus with the judges is that Joyous Waves is going to be considered as a collaboration. It's up to you to decide how you want to notate that in the song description. I would suggest either listing him in your artist info (i.e., Etorna Z & <insert name> - Joyous Waves) or by listing the song as featuring him at some point (i.e., Etorna Z feat. <name> - Joyous Waves OR Etorna Z - Joyous Waves (feat. <name>))

Regardless, the other guy will still need to OK it.
:D This is going to get intresting
Wow and i tought this year there will not be a BoL 4!
A bit of question regarding the contest,

if I submit 2 tracks, wich one will be qualified, the first one or the second one?

Any replies from the officials will be highly appreciated.