To all Linux users

Discuss the latest LMMS news with other forum members.
i think a user who uses appimages is not a linux user. everything has to be better and easier today. that's nice ... cmake, meson, ninja, snap, flatpack, appimage. it's getting better :) thx!
Carla didn't work and I had to install libnsl (seemingly not bundled) for it to start.
northivanastan wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm
Carla didn't work and I had to install libnsl (seemingly not bundled) for it to start.
What version of lmms is this? The lmms-1.2.0-rc7 AppImage?
I still don't understand much about Carla, but as far as I can tell it does work for me on opensuse, Appimage LMMS RC7.

It does not load my vst which work with vestige, I get an error something about an ELF header.
Gonna do some more googling to see If I can find out what that error means and if I can fix that,

Its already progress, before I could not even drag the vst's into the Carla window. ( all vst greyed out )

I can get some sounds out of Carla though, so as far as I can tell it does work.
I do have Carla installed, from the opensuse repositories. ( latest git version )

I remember seeing somewhere the appimage file using the installed version.
zonkmachine wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:09 pm
northivanastan wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 pm
What version of lmms is this? The lmms-1.2.0-rc7 AppImage?
Sorry for late reply, yes it is the RC AppImage.
The stable Carla (previously known as Carla-Git) should work. If not, feel free to file a bug mentioning your OS and how you obtained Carla. Freel free to tag me, @tresf, in your post. :)

https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/new