To all Linux users

Discuss the latest LMMS news with other forum members.
The lmms devs have made a self-installer for Linux.

So now we can like on windows, just download and click on a file, to get lmms.

The devs depend on us though to give feedback if there are bugs.

One of the devs told me, not many people are testing / trying it, that why I am posting this here.

Appimage

https://appimage.org/

and:

https://github.com/tresf/lmms/releases/ ... 4.AppImage

Known issues, when we use vst we get two windows.
soundfont player not working.

Report bugs here:

https://discordapp.com/ LMMS support

Edit:
Don't forget to back up you're lmms folder before you use it.
Ok bit late but could not find my login :( As i do not look much here,main reason is if you read something like in support its mostly for WC.
I find it great the try to do this but appimage is not much used, agree its great for noobs who love the WC way.
oh, i've been using this for about 3 months and i didn't found anything "bad" but i noticed when you use an installed version (like 1.1.3 as the "stable" and 1.2.0 RC6 for testing) alongside the .appimage, the installed overrides any configuration you had in the .appimage version
ektod wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:58 am
alongside the .appimage
You are not supposed to have more lmms installations for one user. If you can create separated accounts, then its ok, but on one account, you will get problems from the config-dot-file
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:00 pm
ektod wrote:
alongside the .appimage
You are not supposed to have more lmms installations for one user. If you can create separated accounts, then its ok, but on one account, you will get problems from the config-dot-file
how can i get working lv2 plugins via carla running the .appimage?
musikbear wrote:
ektod wrote:
alongside the .appimage
thx for the answer, i have another question, is it possible to run lv2 plugins with carla in the .appimage version?
if not, how can i get it working on the normal version (i dont even know XD)
musikbear wrote:
ektod wrote:
alongside the .appimage
thx for the answer, but here is another question, can i use carla pluginhost with the .appimage or would i need to install something else
i found a way to make it work!
musikbear wrote:
lol i havnt uninstalled 1.1.3 yet, paranoid ahahah
I cant get Carla or Jack working no matter what program i use hehehehe