AVG free virus protection : Monstro False positive alert

Discuss the latest LMMS news with other forum members.
AVG has today updated their free virus protection version of AVG :
AVG 18.8.3071
Here users will get a virus-alert of Monstro.dll RC7 win32 as virus.
It is a False-positive!
This is unfortunate, and i have asked AVG to take Monstro.dll out of the virus-definition, however -The way AVG treats suspected files, will mess up your LMMS!
A suspected file is emediately removed from the installation, and you have to manually undo this removal.
Depending on the settings in your AVG, you get a chance to undo AVG invoked system-changes.
You can do this from the Virus-vault, where you select the file Monstro.dll and mark it as false-positive. You then choose the option to restore the file.
This way, you will repair LMMS.
-iF you in AVG have chosen the absurd option to permanently-delete-theads, you need to reinstall LMMS.
Remember to backup!
musikbear wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:10 pm
AVG 18.8.3071
It is a False-positive!
This is unfortunate, and i have asked AVG to take Monstro.dll out of the virus-definition, however -The way AVG treats suspected files, will mess up your LMMS!
A suspected file is emediately removed from the installation, and you have to manually undo this removal.
Depending on the settings in your AVG, you get a chance to undo AVG invoked system-changes.
You can do this from the Virus-vault, where you select the file Monstro.dll and mark it as false-positive. You then choose the option to restore the file.
-iF you in AVG have chosen the absurd option to permanently-delete-theads, you need to reinstall LMMS.
Remember to backup!
Just dont use avg...
musikbear wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:10 pm
AVG 18.8.3071
It is a False-positive!
Remember to backup!
Thanks for the heads up musikbear.
Avg is a good anti-virus, but it has been known, to do it's job, a bit too
well and sometimes cause problems, similar to those mentioned in your post.
Hopefully this gets sorted out.

Also, I think that sometime last year 2017, Avast was another anti-virus,
that caused problems, similar to this too. :P