The best of LMMS competition v3

Discuss the latest LMMS news with other forum members.
It’s that time of the year again: If you have made amazing tracks with LMMS we have a contest for you! The Best of LMMS contest is back! The compilation aims to inspire new users and everyone to create music. The compilation will be uploaded to Bandcamp and all profit will be donated for the further development of LMMS. Submit your track before midnight on March 16th (UTC time), and find details about the contest on the Soundcloud group:
https://soundcloud.com/groups/the-best- ... etition-v3

Competition rules:

1. The Deadline.
The tracks must be submitted by March 16th 0:00 UTC. The tracks can be of any genre, preferably under 10 minutes. The track must be produced in LMMS, but it is allowed to use some other software (Audacity, Ardour etc.) for post mixing/mastering.

2. The tracks.
All submissions will be handled via SoundCloud using the dedicated group. You can submit a maximum of two tracks. You may submit previously released tracks, but not tracks that were in the previous Best of LMMS albums. Remixes are not allowed. A collaboration between a judge and yourself is not allowed.

3. The Judges
The jury consists of:
Zach Henderson
Second Flight
Umcaruje
Greippi
Tres Finnochiaro
Abludo

3. The Judging Process
After the deadline, the judges will make their decisions and release the results within next 14 days.

4. Release
The compilation will be released on a dedicated LMMS artists Bandcamp with the price of “Pay what you want”. All the received funds will be donated for further development of LMMS, the program that we love.
Giving a percentage to the authors may boost this competition. Or else, if someone makes a really nice track with LMMS, why would he enter the competition when he can sell it online for himself? (and then perhaps donate a part of the profit to the LMMS development :)
Betalord wrote:Giving a percentage to the authors may boost this competition.
It is impossible to do with Bandcamp.
Betalord wrote:Or else, if someone makes a really nice track with LMMS, why would he enter the competition when he can sell it online for himself? (and then perhaps donate a part of the profit to the LMMS development :)
What's stopping them from doing both?
I think we need to regard Umcaruje's post as is.
The competition is created as written, and it is what it is.
I am sure Umcaruje will consider both your inputs, for later similar competitions, but for this one, i dont think any changes will occur.
If anyone have Questions regarding the competition, please post in General-chat
I will lock this topic now, since it is just an Announcement.
@MusikBear don't lock this topic please. I don't need 1 million posts about ideas for BoL.
Hey, Question. I have a song I’m thinking about posting in the competition. It’s not a remix, but it does have parts taken from another person’s music (with permission). Is it OK to post this?
I can not wait until it comes to the evaluation!
tanner wrote:Hey, Question. I have a song I’m thinking about posting in the competition. It’s not a remix, but it does have parts taken from another person’s music (with permission). Is it OK to post this?
Although remixes are not allowed, you can still collaborate with someone who is not a judge. Whether you want to credit that person who gave you permission is up to you to decide. Do decide this beforehand in order to avoid future hassle around crediting (who is responsible for what, etc.) I'm sure the album mastering engineer would appreciate it if all tracks were labeled and credited properly.
Thanks… I don’t think it will make it that far :) There are a lot of really good entries.
Hey Umcaruje !

Where & when will the results be available ?

I ask because you said it will be within 14 days.. But don't worry I just would like to know if its normal or if there was problems or too much submitions to listen to, I can be patient :)