BoL 4 is Live

Discuss the latest LMMS news with other forum members.
Suryae .sp wrote:A bit of question regarding the contest,

if I submit 2 tracks, wich one will be qualified, the first one or the second one?

Any replies from the officials will be highly appreciated.
Both of the tracks will be accepted. You can't submit more than 2 though.
davisjacobym wrote:Ok, so the general consensus with the judges is that Joyous Waves is going to be considered as a collaboration. It's up to you to decide how you want to notate that in the song description. I would suggest either listing him in your artist info (i.e., Etorna Z & <insert name> - Joyous Waves) or by listing the song as featuring him at some point (i.e., Etorna Z feat. <name> - Joyous Waves OR Etorna Z - Joyous Waves (feat. <name>))

Regardless, the other guy will still need to OK it.
Thanks a lot for giving Joyous Waves a chance, but the guy who let me use his notes (Texxiliator) said no to entering it together. I will enter a different piece instead.

Thanks again, judges. :)
Question: Does "No Remixing" Also apply to one's own track. I.e. if I have a track I made I want to remaster and make better, can I enter that?
Here's another question; are we allowed to submit VIPs of our own projects? (I'm assuming this is a yes because we were the creators of the original and no one else was involved, but I still wanted to make sure 100%)
Etorna_Z wrote:Here's another question; are we allowed to submit VIPs of our own projects? (I'm assuming this is a yes because we were the creators of the original and no one else was involved, but I still wanted to make sure 100%)
mrlmmsguy wrote:Question: Does "No Remixing" Also apply to one's own track. I.e. if I have a track I made I want to remaster and make better, can I enter that?
VIPs are fine as long as the original is 100% your own work.
mrlmmsguy wrote:Question: Does "No Remixing" Also apply to one's own track. I.e. if I have a track I made I want to remaster and make better, can I enter that?
Etorna_Z wrote:Here's another question; are we allowed to submit VIPs of our own projects? (I'm assuming this is a yes because we were the creators of the original and no one else was involved, but I still wanted to make sure 100%)
So to answer both your questions (since they're in effect the same), VIPs, Remasters, Reworks, etc., there are two conditions:

1. The original work must have been made solely by yourselves. This means you can't do any of those if the original songs were collabs.
2. The original cannot be a previous BoL competition winner.
Thx m8s!
I have several questions regarding BoL 4:

1. Is selling a submitted track separately frowned upon?

2. Are there genre limits?

3. Are there length limits?

4. Are external VSTs, soundfonts, etc. allowed?

Thanks in advance :)
Hello,

many thanks for the judges who volunteered to do that!

I have two questions:
  1. Is it allowed program minor modifications into LMMS and release a song with that? With minor, I mean programming a new plugin into it, or extending existing instruments. Of course, it's not meant to remove all LMMS sources and replace them with Massive...
  2. It says that the deadline would be April 16, at midnight. Do you mean the midnight at the beginning or at the end of that day?
Thanks for your answers.
- Johannes
peefTube Music wrote:1. Is selling a submitted track separately frowned upon?
2. Are there genre limits?
3. Are there length limits?
4. Are external VSTs, soundfonts, etc. allowed?
1: No, feel free.
2: No.
3: This is answered in the Official Rules found on the submission form. Yes, must be under 10 minutes.
4: Also answered in rules, but to answer here, you can use external resources but they must be used inside of the LMMS project. Only post production (like mastering) can be completely external. Judges hold the right to ask for project files to validate tracks' authenticity.
Johannes wrote:I have two questions:
  1. Is it allowed program minor modifications into LMMS and release a song with that? With minor, I mean programming a new plugin into it, or extending existing instruments. Of course, it's not meant to remove all LMMS sources and replace them with Massive...
  2. It says that the deadline would be April 16, at midnight. Do you mean the midnight at the beginning or at the end of that day?
Thanks for your answers.
- Johannes
1: I'm not sure what you mean by this. The answer is probably no, however. Best of LMMS is not "Best of User Compiled LMMS. It implies that all the entries are using the publicly available LMMS versions. For a more complete answer on this, join our Discord chat server (invite link can be found below in my signature). You'll be able to talk and get responses much faster than here.
2: As per the Official Rules found on the submission form: "Tracks must be submitted by April 16th at 0:00 UTC using this form." This might be at a different time for you, depending on your timezone.