High Quality Synth Plugins

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

bbtee wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:00 pm
Can you suggest some great Nexus free alternatives? (Other than synth 1)
Also does LMMS support estate grand le?
I wouldn't compare Nexus with synth1 as Nexus is a rompler (plays recorded samples) and synth1 truely is a synth. Maybe the SampleScience Player would be an interesting option for you to take a look at. There are some similarities between both. Disadvantage: no external control of knobs.

Grand Estate LE runs as a sforzando instrument. So, you have to install sforzando VST first.
Isent Nexus' 'greatness' totally based on the library of samples, that comes with the full commercial version?
I remember at yt guy 'explaining' how he made some amazing trance build-effects, and he just said:
"Nexus, and thats all there is to it"
Son of a Pitch wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:16 pm
bbtee wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:00 pm
Can you suggest some great Nexus free alternatives? (Other than synth 1)
Also does LMMS support estate grand le?
I wouldn't compare Nexus with synth1 as Nexus is a rompler (plays recorded samples) and synth1 truely is a synth. Maybe the SampleScience Player would be an interesting option for you to take a look at. There are some similarities between both. Disadvantage: no external control of knobs.

Grand Estate LE runs as a sforzando instrument. So, you have to install sforzando VST first.
Can the stable version of lmms run SampleScience player smoothly?
I made a similar post here (https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27442), i agree with all you guys, but i also think that great free vsts like sforzando or piano one wouldn't let lmms implement them in it without having something, so we have to focus on some good minor vsts like the ones i posted, and also they would have to be light, to make it work smoothly on all computers.
I find ZynAddsubFX to be the hardest to operate synth I've ever owned, except with possible exception of the Kurzweil K2000 lolol.

Spire & Dune 2 are ultra stable in LMMS extremely high quality plug ins, BTW
But we are talking about that LMMS should get better native instruments, that's a reason for what some people prefer other daw, even if it could run great external vsts.
THIS IS A SERIOUS OFFERT

Roxas, you and me will develop the best synth ever created.

jokes out, we (you xd) should learn c++

JOKES OUT, the instrument's names and the interface need to be IMPROVED if we want to catch more attention, the fl studio plugins can be ***** but they look very nice indeed, i "am" graphic designer, we will REDESIGN this!

if we don't start, no one will, "we cannot be that useless", should we work with vector images?
ektod wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:59 am
i "am" graphic designer, we will REDESIGN this!
'
Most interesting, however the current design also has a lot of quality, imo (not my design..)
Here:
https://lmms.io/get-involved/
You can learn all about participating
i don't know anything about c++, i just make images with gimp and inkscape (i would like to use blender), mostly pixel art, some textures for minetest, ↓↓↓ for example

Attachments

If you want i can start learning c++, but there will be some times before i will be able to code a vst.

Maybe learn something like synthedit will be faster, but then the difficulty will be implement it in LMMS, so c++ is better option

If you want to make this serious let me know ektod