Paint velocity curve on multiple notes with mouse

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I hope this hasn't been talked about before, I couldn't find any topics.

Easily making crescendos or velocity curves in the piano roll would be very cool. What I mean is: select all the notes that I wish to change, and be able to draw the velocity curve in the velocity strip with the mouse for all the notes, rather than adjust velocity to one value for all notes. Right now, I have to select each note and adjust velocity. When there are multiple notes on one time slot then I can't even just quickly click on the velocity strip for each note, I have to ctrl-select the note in the piano roll, then change velocity, ctrl select next note, change velocity, etc. It's quite long-winded!

Unless I missed a secret hotkey to make this possible...
BrainP wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:59 pm
Right now, I have to select each note and adjust velocity. When there are multiple notes on one time slot then I can't even just quickly click on the velocity strip for each note, I have to ctrl-select the note in the piano roll, then change velocity, ctrl select next note, change velocity, etc. It's quite long-winded!

Unless I missed a secret ((hotkey to make this possible...))
Wont call it a secret, and its not a hotkey, but you can just simply drag your mouse over the velocity-bars, and they will 'follow' your mouse position
What could be a feature, would be setting up a cubic-hermite-curve inside the velocity-area, and have all velocities comply to that curve, but in current velocity-area, you do not ned to manually insert values for each note, you can in fact draw with your mouse.
Do you need a demonstration?
Thank you for your reply! YES Indeed you can paint a curve into the velocities, however, only WITHOUT selecting notes. Once you've selected notes, this doesn't work anymore, and all notes will be simultaneously changed to the same value. If you've got 2-3 different notes on the same time slot which should play with their own velocities, then I can't just paint an overall curve into the velocity field.

What I want, for example:
I have a drum set plugin that plays from the piano roll. I want continuous hi-hats to have accentuated velocities, but keep the kick more or less constant, and the snares have their own velocities, too. Or... constant hi-hats, but accentuated snares. These notes sometimes play at the same time.
I want to be able to select all the hi-hat notes and paint a curve for them, or all the snare notes and paint a curve for them.

What seems to be a manageable effort is to paint the curve for all the notes, then just adjust those notes which have fewer actual occurances. but if I ever feel like changing something then I always have to repeat that process...
BrainP wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:29 pm
If you've got 2-3 different notes on the same time slot which should play with their own velocities, then I can't just paint an overall curve into the velocity field.
Having +2 notes in the same segment on the same timeslot is afai can figure out only possible if you use either a soundfont or a drum-set vst -right?
Then its correct, but i have a solution :)
I will make a video that explain it. Look for it over the weekend ..saturday'ish