VST Effect support and other stuff

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

I'd like to see support for VST effects, and a portmanteau for the pianoroll for plugins that don't have that option. I know some synths do have note glide, but others don't, and more options like tremlo and vibrato would be nice to have.

All in all though, the interface may be a bit clunky right now, especially the browser(still getting the hang of it) but this program is great and I think I might not need FL Studio(can't afford it right now as it is haha).
VST effects are supported, just place them where you would the vst instruments and scroll to the bottom of the effects list, that's where they are located. Portmanteau is an instrument specific item. The vsti's that don't have port. can only play locked notes and MIDI detuning(detune wheel). There isn't a MIDI command to slide between notes(that I know of). It would be nice, but impossible.
Well, I am having a problem loading effects since they are in a separate folder due to another program I'm using, AODIX, not displaying all the available vsts if I have a lot of them in one folder. I categorize most of them by type(instrument or effect) though some are in bundles. How do I open the effect plugins when they aren't displayed automatically in the plugin browser?
I know how to load vst instruments in LMMS, but there seems to be no way to load the effects plugins the same way.

EDIT: And is a dropdown-keyboard like the one FL Studio has in the works? It would be kinda nifty to be able to step-compose a bassline while in the beat-creator window. And I do believe that a glide option could be possible for the pianoroll since FL has it as well. But as I've stated before, as it is now, your program is all kinds of awesome!