Automation Benzier Curves and some other stuff

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Will the next release of LMMS have a benzier curve option instead of just mouse-drawing? It would be more convenient and easier to tweak with vector-based curves rather than raster-based.

Also, I have some ideas for more arpeggio options, like some techno, trance, custom riff patterns, that sort of thing. I can make my own riffs in the piano-roll, but it would be nice to have some riffs I could use without creating multiple tracks to sequence them together. If that is not possible or if you don't see it as practical, it won't be too much of a problem - it would just be nice to have. Another thing that would be a real help would be a sequencer that would allow you to see which arpeggio-types are available and trigger the one you want in the middle of a song. Right now I can automate the arps but I'm almost working blind because I can't always see how high I should place the automation trigger to switch to the arpeggio I want. If there was a way to store and retrieve arps in a special 'bank' that I can retrieve for later projects, that might be convenient, though I would like to know if it would actually be more clunky and/or memory intensive, or just less convenient.

More midi-options in the piano roll - pitch-wheel, etc. A glide/port option for non-port instruments would be nice to have as well, especially if an FL studio song is being imported, because otherwise the file could lose information if certain features are not supported. Besides, glide makes really cool sounds, you gotta admit heheh.

A step-sequencer drop-down for the beat-creator window for drum-machines and sampler instruments. There are some instances when the piano-roll is great for composition, and other times when a drop-down would be more appropriate. The buttons in the step-sequencer already have volume settings, but I don't see any way to change the notes yet. Again, there is the issue with importing FL Studio files.

Another issue dealing with imported FL or native LMMS files would be substituting a machine that cannot be found when a file is opened.There could be an option to use one of the native synths/effects or the VeSTige plugin.

Do you like these ideas? Or are most of them too redundant?
Yeah, I like some of them. I made my own post specific to things that are much needed in automation tracks. So you're definitely not alone in wanting vector-style bezier controls as an option. :mrgreen:
I wanted to ask for the same thing.

With a regular mouse its hard to draw smooth paths, but even with a touchpad or anything like that, in my opinion, curves are more convenient and easier to make.
Also, there should be an option to select "bezier", "linear" and "constant" interpolation mode for a curve between 2 control points.