A FANTASTIC change for Piano Roll note marking!

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

I'm not sure whether this has been suggested before, but remember how you can right click on a note to the left on the piano-roll, and it will let you mark that note?

Well, I'd be VERY happy if we could limit that marking to only stretch a certain distance, and move it around. Sort of like a fake note. That would allow us to mark our chord progressions and key changes, making note-placing in key and in chord very simple!

Here's the way I'd implement it:

- In the Piano Roll near the top (where it says "Draw Mode", "Erase Mode", etc.), add a Mark Mode.
- While in Mark Mode, normal notes cannot be moved around. Placing the markings is EXACTLY like placing normal notes, but these notes are only for display, and do not play any sound.
- I'm not sure whether the markings should appear the same for each section, or whether they should appear differently in each Piano Roll segment. I think differently would be better.
- When saving the mmpz, save a second layer of "notes" for each segment for the markings. See if you can configure it in such a way that the markings will not make new mmpzs incompatible with earlier versions. I'm not sure whether that is possible, I haven't spent much time at all poking around LMMS's code.

Adding this feature would make me VERY happy! :)
I think others would appreciate it, too.
Whoa, yesterday I saw FL-Studio for the first time, and the note marking there is perfect! Maybe that can be implemented?
Those markings don't even have to be put into the save file, so it wouldn't make anything incompatible with earlier versions!