"force mute"

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Sometimes sf2 and vsts just hang, as if I haven't let go of a key. If there was a way to forcefully 'kill', that is mute, stop all currently playing sounds I wouldnt at least have to restart LMMS each time. Theres a similar feature in other software, like ZynAddSubFX, it has a button called "Stop all sounds!"...
agree, but on the general vst GUI there is a button "turn off all notes", so the problem is with sf2. I even believe that there was a general 'panic-button' on early version on lmms, but a restart was needed anyway, because Hangnotes has a really peculiar behavior: If a hangnote is re-trickered after a panic-press, it will re-enter the hang -so a force-mute is not enough. Believe it is something outside lmms that causes this problem.
A ticket has been raised in the bug-report area in regard to zynAddSubFX hangnotes, and the team is working on this.
br
-----------------
FYI
Toby has already tackled the zynAddSubFX issue. a preview version of upcoming release of 0.4.10 has this fixed.
So is it how you call it, "hangnotes". How can this be outside of LMMS? It happens in sf2 player and vst player, unless you consider them not part of lmms.
The real problem is with vsts, LMMS simply CANT load a lmms project with VST in my experience, so all your settings will be gone. And 'hangnotes' appear very often with vsts
LMMS simply CANT load a lmms project with VST in my experience, so all your settings will be gone
woot.. ?
Is that happening to you?
That is really strange. I have no problems at all saving/reloading projects with both vst-instruments and or vst-effect-generators (win32-lmms0.4.9).
The vst-instruments are however all saved as presets through lmms, try that.

The hangnote isue has the dev-teams focus, and im sure it will be solved. (Is so for zyn in upcoming .0.10)
Best way to avoid hangnotes, is to not make changes to the base-note settings and no changes on 'chord-range' on the FUNC-tab, during note-events (eg 'play').
br
Im using 0.4.6 (0.4.5 on ubuntu, its the one from the package manager that should update itself).

I sure hope this will be fixed. Hangnotes always appear for me when i change the octaves while a note is playing, if this is useful info for the devs.