Single-note audio samples - No speed change

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Iv'e been longing for this feature ever since I started to use LMMS in 2015. I make single-note instrument samples from existing tracks all the time for my projects and I've always hated how the sample speeds up / slows down when moving up or down the keyboard. How difficult would it be to fix this issue / are there any plans to address this issue?
Just for information

This is called pitch shifting (pitch change without altering the playback speed).

The complementary function is called time stretching (changing the playback speed without altering the pitch).

There are pitch shift effects in LMMS. With these effects, the pitch changes have to be controlled via automations or LFO.
I'm assuming the pitch shifting effects can't be used on AudioFileProcessor, then? I haven't really touched any of those 2 things you've mentioned.
There is no time strecthing in LMMS.

Regarding pitch shifters, they must be inserted as effects and it works on all instruments (synths, samples, sf2, etc.). Each of the pitch shifters available in LMMS works a little differently than the others, the results are different.
if I had money, I'd pay a developer to implement this. I want it that badly.