If we collaborate with other open-source projects, we can significantly speed up up LMMS development as well as other projects resulting in a more advanced music community. Using knowledge from other projects we can improve development practices as well as implement features more rapidly. I myself, sadly, am not well versed in C++ development yet.

Godot has been a rapidly developing game engine that has stepped up its game very quickly. Within a few years, it has rivaled other game engines while remaining lightweight. Just before it's recent major released, I noticed a unique practice that has sped up development rather quickly. Junior Jobs as well as Hero Wanted jobs have been utilized to expedite development.

Also, we need need to make cross-platform releases more "even" by making sure each has the same amount of features. If we cannot solve a problem(such as Soundfonts on Mac OS) as a community, then we should look to other communities. We should also make tutorials that allow beginners who have never written any software but know the syntax to learn how to code for LMMS since various projects use various build systems, tools, and whatnot.

Another feature to fix is the incomplete support of SoundFonts. I understand that it is difficult to do such at the moment on all platforms, but perhaps we can work with MuseScore and incorporate their Soundfont engines into LMMS to allow cross-platform support of such.

There are also many features that we lack such as recording capabilities which can be supplied from Ardour (which sadly, lacks in midi-centric composition) We can also use the code to learn about Floating Point Fidelity.

We should also work with the ZynAddSubFx community to help them work to finish the UI in order to integrate a cleaner version of ZynAddSubFx and allow it to become open source.

The ability to send multiple channels into a single channel is also imperative since this expedites the production process. A node based editor from Blender would be a possibility.

Another necessity is that we need our interface to look more professional. Ardour is open-source and at first glance, they have a professional interface that is easy on the eyes. First things first, the "copy + paste" feature on the Automator has confused many users including myself. We should at least remove those buttons and then reintegrate them once the feature works in order to avoid confusion. Another integration that I would like to see is the "volume lines" that can be seen on top of the tracks.

Finally, our documentation should be more friendly in explaining the built-in plugins and provide entry-level material such as embedded videos of "The New York School of Synthesis" and links to music composition.

I hope that we can step up our games and have faster releases filled with more features in the future. LMMS has a lot of potentials to grow better than it has before. By collaborating with other projects, we can help not only ourselves but others as well.