Let's improve the sample track

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hello, I use many times the sample track on LMMS and I want to see this fonction improved.
Wa can add a canal on the mixer for the track and add an option to editing the the audio with the cuts and the stretching.
I hope that will help.
DidJaws wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:07 pm
Hello, I use many times the sample track on LMMS and I want to see this fonction improved.
Wa can add a canal on the mixer for the track and add an option to editing the the audio with the cuts and the stretching.
I hope that will help.
I fully agree with you. This point was mentioned several times (also on git). LMMS is great if you want to create gaming music, a hip-hop beat or even a simple instrumental. But it's a pain if you want to work with samples.

At the moment the sample track function looks like a placeholder :-(. The alternative is the use of the AFP plugin, but it also has a lot of limitations.
Yes (thank you four your support), and I've forgotten another point : the pitch potentiometer (like in the others plugins inbox).
DidJaws wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:27 pm
Yes (thank you four your support), and I've forgotten another point : the pitch potentiometer (like in the others plugins inbox).
Adding an effect plugin is one of the very few options you can use for a sample strip. Thus, simply add a pitchshifter. Not the nicest way, but it works.