More instrument plugins for game creators

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

SFXR, bitinvader, and freeboy are great, but we can have more of such instrument plugins for instance , an instrument plugin which has pre installed samples, or instrument presets linked like male voices, female voices, for games voices like ha, hoo, hee, haai, ahh, ooh , and more.
also alien voices would be a nice addition :) .

Though this next may be little complicated, but if not then we can have a voice generator plugin maybe link it to a speech synthesis library , robotic libraries are already aplenty in the linux open market, real voices are also there, if done, then simple tasks like adding basic voices could become simpler. Right now I have to put my voice or search for musicians or online to include in my games.
Also, one unique feature not present in any daw we can put is attaching our own voice, and adding several words for example that way we can make lengthy dialogues using just the piano roll, maybe harder to set up but could be much quicker , and easier to handle if done properly.
Hi AKashyap,
AKashyap wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:00 am
... but we can have more of such instrument plugins for instance , an instrument plugin which has pre installed samples ...
Do you mean a rompler? There are some free VST romplers. Especially those from DSK Music. A nice one is also the SampleScience Player, but there you may fail with automation (at least I did in both windows and linux).

(Editable) Samplers are more complicated, especially if you run LinuxMMS on Linux. I have shotcircuit and Redux running as windows VST in Ubuntu using wine. But not without problems. Sforzando as a sample/sondfont player works fine, however.
or instrument presets linked like male voices, female voices, for games voices like ha, hoo, hee, haai, ahh, ooh , and more.
DSK ChoirZ. There are also lots of soundfonts with vocals that you can freely use with the integrated sf2 player.
also alien voices would be a nice addition :) .
Like Ploque Alter Ego?
Though this next may be little complicated, but if not then we can have a voice generator plugin maybe link it to a speech synthesis library , robotic libraries are already aplenty in the linux open market, real voices are also there, if done, then simple tasks like adding basic voices could become simpler.
There is a quite simple plugin from wavosaur: VSTSpeek. You can also do vocoding to get similar results.
Thanks son of a pitch (SOAP) ..
I will check the VSTs. Initially I used VSTs, but then stopped using them, as it was initially difficult to setup on linux, but later I did, hadn't installed few libraries, but not using them made me learn the software more and get into making and modifying instrument plugins and make them sound professional by adding effects. But now I will use VSTs.. and maybe even get more professsional sounds that way. I have never used any such plugins like for speech synthesis .. only instrument ones but thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction.
You can try also Retro Boy, it seems nice!