I wanted to give a suggestion regarding, loading instruments directly from the Song Editor. It is as follows:
There should be a Button (with a piano icon) in the Song-editor tool bar to "Add Instrument". On clicking this button, the VST instrument folder(browser) will open up. And thus, we can load VST instruments directly without going though a lengthy procedure.

OR

Load an VST instruments from the Context Menu (which will increase one step in the process)

1. "Right click" in an empty space in the Song-editor window and a "Context Menu" will open up. The Context menu will show an option to "Add Instrument".
Select "Add Instrument " and it will open the user's VST folder (browser) window.
Now you can directly click and load the instrument

What say?

NOTE: I'm aware of the sidebar implementation of the VST folder that is going on, but just thought of suggesting a way that would reduce a few more steps in loading an instrument. In the Sidebar implementation, there are a few extra step in the process, namely:

1.Opening the Sidebar and

2.Then opening the VST location.

But with the Instrument button, you can directly open the VST browser on clicking the "instrument button"once.

(And I think that is what most people expect from the "Piano icon" on the main tool bar; besides, this suggestion will also become another way of doing the same thing.)