MIDI Mapping Expansions

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

:P :idea: Hi, I'm curious about MIDI mapping expansions that could be possible in later updates. I use a Novation Launchkey Mini (25 Keys) which also includes 16 drum pad buttons. These buttons are often used by electronic music artists to play or stop specific tracks. I'd like to see this feature implemented into LMMS, and I don't think it would be all that difficult. Really, if we could just map an MIDI key (such as the pads I referenced) to a stop/start button in the song editor, it would allow creators to play or pause specific tracks in order to create loops and other cool patterns. It this a possibility in future updates? Would this be difficult to implement? Also, lighting support for pads that have lighting options would be cool. I'd think that would be simple by just creating a program which lets the user map a button as either a key or a pad, and then have optional light setup for pads, sort of like a video game keymapping interface. Anyways, thanks for any replies! :idea: :P
MageOfRage wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:09 am
Really, if we could just map an MIDI key (such as the pads I referenced) to a stop/start button in the song editor, it would allow creators to play or pause specific tracks in order to create loops and other cool patterns. It this a possibility in future updates? Would this be difficult to implement?
This is possible, probably pretty easy to implement and is planned for the future. Some of this is already being addressed in code that is up for review. It basically takes time, a whole lot of it, and in some cases equipment to test on.

Moved to suggestions