Support native vst and lv2 gnu linux

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hi,a greeting to the whole lmms community, it would be appropriate, as already other daw possess, to insert the native vst and lv2 support for all the gnu plugins linux ;)

gennaro
pierecall wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:10 pm
insert the native vst
The(?) native VST
Do you mean one that you have chosen as a default always loaded VST?
Then you can simply just add it to the default-template:
File-menu
Save-as-default-template
That VST, and even its sub-preset (if any) will then be loaded with every new project.
and lv2 support for all the gnu plugins linux ;)
Is in the works
hello, thanks for the answer .... no, I intend to load the native vst of linux or lv2 as in other programs like qtractor, ardor, bitwig, etc etc
I second this request. By this he means to add support for VST's built for 64 bit Linux, as well as for LV2 plugins.

All the plugins on my system are 64 bit Linux binaries. Currently, LMMS only supports Windows VSTs with WINE. Also, every distro seems to have an issue installing LMMS with VST instrument support (Vestige is almost always missing!) and none of my .so file VST plugins are in the effects list.

WINE support for windows VSTs is great, but not essential to me. What is essential is that LMMS supports Linux-based plugins like every other DAW on the platform.

This would make LMMS Much, much more powerful.
@ Musicbear. He is talking about Linux vst.

Not to long ago I did not know myself these exist, but there are Linux vst. Like Amsynth.

https://amsynth.github.io/

amsynth 1.5.0 AudioUnit for Mac OS X
amsynth 1.8.0 source code for Linux (VST / LV2 / DSSI / JACK / ALSA / OSS

No windows version.

That synth can be a stand alone or a vst.

I have not succeeded yet but have been trying to use Carla to load Amsynth vst.
That in theory should work, at least on Linux.

I think windows users are out of luck here, because there is no windows version of amsynth as far as I know.
On windows you should also be able to use carla to load vst though, just not this one.
pierecall wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:41 pm
hello, thanks for the answer .... no, I intend to load the native vst of linux or lv2 as in other programs like qtractor, ardor, bitwig, etc etc
LV2 support is being worked on. I am not one of the coders but they also can't tell you when, but its in the pipeline.

There is however Carla. I am having trouble on openSUSE (Linux) to get Carla and LMMS working, but Carla can use lv2 plugins. Like the Calf plugins with gui.

If you're on KX studio, its easy to get Carla and LMMS.

If all goes well after you installed wine, carla and lmms.

Carla will be under instrument plugins in LMMS like Vestige and the Triple os.