Am I missing something about automation?

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Every control that has adjustable values within LMMS appears to have a ‘Double click’ in order to enter an exact value, however, the automation points/dots are not like this and it can be quite frustrating when trying to enter values across a few automation points and your mouse keeps going over and under slightly the exact value.

Is there a way of entering an exact value for automation points I don’t know about? If not, can it be done?
Incorruptable wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:41 am
‘Double click’ to enter an exact value on the automation points/dots
True, that is not implemented.
It is however possible to set a high resolution, and the value of the point-position, is shown next to the cursor.
Have you tried that?
Thanks, i do have the value next to my cursor, it is just annoying me if i want a value of lets say, 125, and i keep getting 124.5 and then 125.5 and so on.

I know it will be indeterminable for a listener, but it just bugs me.
Did you change the zoom of the automation ?

Setting it to 400 or higher should solve you're problem.

First zoom option ( first box top left ) is to zoom the width.
Second one, the one you want for this, zooms the height of the automation.
Gps wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:47 pm
Did you change the zoom of the automation ?

Setting it to 400 or higher should solve you're problem.

First zoom option ( first box top left ) is to zoom the width.
Second one, the one you want for this, zooms the height of the automation.
Why did i not see that before!!

Its on Piano roll and Song editor and i have used it there when i needed it.

Just checked it and it is exactly what i needed as it is giving many measurements now in between points i could not see before.

Thanks GPS