Separating percussion to multiple tracks

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hi!
I'd like to ask if it was possible to "split" a given track, making a new one for each note. The reason I ask this is that I have some MIDI files that have one or more percussion tracks (not necessarily track #10), where each note corresponds to a percussion instrument. To separate the instruments, I have to select and copy every single instrument to its own track, which is rather time-consuming. I read somewhere on this forum that I could use a soundfont file, but that would be very limiting at the aspect of sound-design. So my question is: Is there or will be a tool to do this automatically ?
dj-pixus wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:56 pm
MIDI files have one or more percussion tracks, where each note corresponds to a percussion instrument. To separate the instruments, I have to select and copy every single instrument to its own track
Yes, in MIDI-percussion-tracks, that is only way, if you want the MIDI-file-percussion changed to LMMS-song-editor tracks.
However, that is not how LMMS percussion is meant to be made!
In fact you need to study the MIDI-file percussion, and then make one B&B-track, with an percussion-preset selected by you, for each of the MIDI-notes
A special case would be rolls where you need to make separate B&B-single-hits.
There are no plans to make methods for importing MIDI-style percussion afaik You do need to work that out manually,
I will almost guarantee that a split-to-BB wont happen, because of the complexity in the MIDI-percussion-track, but a split-to-separate-song-editor-tracks, would be simple. Just dont know if it is something others would favour ..?