Two versions of Lmms

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

I know 1.2.0 is superior in every way to 1.1.3... Or is it?
Sure everything is better, but there's one big reason I keep 1.1.3 on my lowest end hardware: it's lighter.

What I mean is that 1.1.3 LMMS takes so little to run I can basically run it on a computer with Intel celeron and 2gb of ram that barely runs windows 10. Sure it's a little laggy but it's so much better than running 1.2.0 on that machine. So I propse you this:
if you can, how about having the full 1.2.0, and a separate lightweight version for those who got their mother's handmedowns?

Of course, I know maintaining two versions is time consuming and difficult, and there are new bugs with every new version that has to be fixed, so I'm not asking for this to happen soon.
I have no idea about you're hardware and or OS.

But maybe you can add some ram ?

LMMS is as far as I know already light on system resources.

Nobody will stop you from using 1.1.3 though. :)
urufu wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:06 pm
Intel celeron and 2gb of ram that barely runs windows 10.
You are confusing things. It is windows 10 that is 'heavy', not LMMS. In fact i can run 2 instances of 1.2.0 simultaneous on a 2 GB RAM XP3 pc!
1.1.3 is not lightweight at all. It has the same 'weight' on resources than 1.2 has, except 1.2 has more plugins, so a big larger on disk
OBS! 1.2.1 is now official released. It has no new features, but solves several bugs! -Including export and hanging note in zasfx