Measure/step differentiation and seeker

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

In the beat+bass line editor, how about having four different colours, two for the odd measures and two for even. When I use the beat+bass line editor, I have trouble knowing where the notes are beyond 3 measures. I know I can solve this by having multiple tracks but it's easier to maintain 7 tracks than like 15.

Another thing that'd be useful in the beat+baseline editor is the seeker bar, so that one could play at a certain point of the track rather than from the beginning. Not as crucial as the measure differentiation but something that'll be good to have.
urufu wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:30 pm
In the beat+bass line editor...I have trouble knowing where the notes are beyond 3 measures. I know I can solve this by having multiple tracks but it's easier to maintain 7 tracks than like 15.
This is a very keen observation. I have always wished that someday the bars in the beat baseline could have numbers on top of them.
In making electronic music I usually write my drum steps down and I also have trouble knowing which bar I've gotten to. Numbers on the bars like the ones on Cakewalk's step sequencer would really help our workflow.
Another thing that'd be useful in the beat+baseline editor is the seeker bar, so that one could play at a certain point of the track rather than from the beginning.
This too is my second most desired feature in LMMS' beat/bassline. Even if not a seeker, something that moves on top (like the one in FL Studio) to show where the playback has gotten to on the step sequencer would be of help in pin pointing where changes are necessary in a loop.