Marking scale and few other ideas.

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hello.

My idea is to make it possible to mark our own scales in piano roll.

Let's say, i create scale, then i mark corresponding notes with ctrl + left mouse button, then i click right mouse button on the note i want the scale to start with (or let's say it will start from the lowest note) and then i click "Mark selected scale" or something like this.

I thing i can help us making music :)

Other thing i would like to see in LMMS in the future are:
- ghost notes known from FL Studio (possibility to see other layers greyed out in piano roll),
- layer preview in automation track so we can easly see which part of our melody we are going to automate (i have to count bars right now xD)
- possibility to automate VSTs (or everything) just by right click on it (knob, slider etc.) and chose "add automation track" or just by dragging it like now (actually we have to click wrench to open dialog box with automation knobs)
- notes remember their position - if i want to copy notes from bar 4 to 6 from one instrument to another, they will paste at bar 0 at this moment,
- sample preview by mouse hovering (no need to click), should work for all samples not only build in (VSTs etc.)
- integration of Zyn-Fusion :)

Sorry for poor english :)
Dean_1405 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:57 pm
Hello.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Dean_1405 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

Your ideas are good. So good that we already have these options in LMMS ....
  • mark our own scales in piano roll.
In piano-roll right-click the note you want in your 'scale'. Select mark-this-and -all-corresponding
- ghost notes
Is made, will be in 1.3
- layer preview in automation track so we can easly see which part of our melody we are going to automate (i have to count bars right now xD)
Cant understand
- possibility to automate VSTs (or everything) just by right click on it -not have to click wrench to open dialog box with automation knobs)
That does VST not allow
- notes remember their position not paste at bar 0 at this moment,
No notes paste where playhead is positioned
- sample preview by mouse hovering
in 1.3 most likely
musikbear wrote:
  • mark our own scales in piano roll.
In piano-roll right-click the note you want in your 'scale'. Select mark-this-and -all-corresponding
Yes, this is how it works. I have to mark notes one by one. What i want to achieve is possibility to mark multiple notes at once (Mark selected notes and all coresponding).

Lets say i have simple chord - C4, E4, G4, assume it doesn't belong to any scale. Let me select them and highlight for whole piano roll with one click like current scales do.

musikbear wrote:

Cant understand
What i wanted to say is to show notes inside automation track so we can see which part of song will be automated.

I know that i can do it by restoring automation window down and have look like this (image below) but for me its not as clear as example above.
Dean_1405 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:22 pm
show notes inside automation track so we can see which part of song will be automated.
Ok -yes that is also suggested before. Maybe a coming feature. At least Automation will be overhauled downstream