Automation update

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

Hello, I am a dubstep/riddim producer. As these two genres are based on many variations, it's really too much of work to create different patterns due to the availability of only one type of automation progression per pattern. it'd be much more easier if the progressions could be made different for every point used to create an automation pattern. It'd create many more possibilities. Thank You.
I am also having this issue.

I recently made a track where I would like to be able to set the LFO speed at different rates inside one automation track but am unable to hit the values on the graph manually. The only alternative I have found is making multiple automation tracks with the values pulled in from the LFO speed knob, which is tedious if the speed changes inside a 4/4 bar.

This make it hard to produce this type of music in general, but I think it could be a simple fix. Since there is the quantize option can be set in the graph, why not just have the ability to double click on the x-axis to type in the y-value. Seems pretty simple to me, but I do not code. It seems like a no-brainer to add this option as it is a staple to some genres of music and producers.